Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Premiumraver
    • By Premiumraver 5th Dec 17, 4:53 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Premiumraver
    AVCO Trust PPI
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:53 AM
    AVCO Trust PPI 5th Dec 17 at 4:53 AM
    I've already used Martins free tool to make various PPI claims I had back in the 90's But I can remember I had a loan with a company called AVCO Trust A loan I had to get some DJ Equipment in the 90's (around 1998 / 99 Time) While I was unemployed The loan was fully repaid back by my dad as I slipped into problems with lots of interest and late payment fees but dad bailed me out and paid off my dept of £1,800 that was only a loan of originally £500 but that's beside's the fact. this extra money MUST Have been PPI

AVCO Trust is not on martins list to make a claim on the free tool for PPI

How can I complete this, Or is there a downloadable letter and where can I get their details from thanks

happy xmas
Page 1
    • jools1985
    • By jools1985 5th Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    jools1985
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    Sorry I don't know how to go about getting PPI back from this company. I've tried to search to see what became of this company as my late husband and I got into financial difficulties in the mid nineties. We took out a consolidation loan with AVCO Trust and I remember them saying we could only have the loan if we took out the PPI. We finished paying the loan and the PPI in 1998 after paying it for 5 years.

There does not appear to be any trace of them now and I think maybe they merged with another company and changed their name.
    • robber2
    • By robber2 5th Dec 17, 8:49 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    robber2
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:49 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:49 AM
    ........... this extra money MUST Have been PPI.
    Originally posted by Premiumraver

More likely interest and late payment charges.

Rob
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 5th Dec 17, 9:16 AM
    • 7,300 Posts
    • 9,043 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:16 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:16 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3704651
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,252Users online

Martin's Twitter