Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goldenicon
    • By goldenicon 4th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 1Thanks
    goldenicon
    Bank Loan
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    Bank Loan 4th Dec 17 at 9:37 PM
    I contacted Nat West about a possible loan that I took out in 1999.
    I received a letter from RBS and they found my details and said that I did have ppi.

They sent me a questionair and are asking for proof of the loan with loan number and the then bank details. As this was in 1999, I no longer have the details. Im confused as they acknowledge that I had ppi.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Dec 17, 9:55 PM
    • 89,848 Posts
    • 56,498 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:55 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:55 PM
    The form is a standard one. As they have already found it, you dont have to worry about that bit.

Remember that there is nothing wrong with having PPI. You are making a complaint alleging a wrongdoing about the way it was sold. That is why they want your side of things and the form gives them info that they can compare to what they have.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • sun73
    • By sun73 4th Dec 17, 11:11 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    sun73
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:11 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:11 PM
    There might be some references on the RBS letter which you can quote in the sections of the ppi questionnaire that ask for the loan details. If this loan was unsecured you could also ask the bank to check if it was set up with a single upfront ppi premium which is a strong mis-selling reason.
    • goldenicon
    • By goldenicon 5th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    goldenicon
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    Thank you for the advice. I will complete the form with as much info as I can remember. The loan was an unsecured one.

It is asking for account number and loan policy number, as I no longer have details should I just put in the letter reference number and a copy of the letter?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Dec 17, 11:29 AM
    • 18,876 Posts
    • 10,111 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:29 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:29 AM
    as I no longer have details should I just put in the letter reference number and a copy of the letter?
    Originally posted by goldenicon
    That would be wise.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,669Posts Today

8,426Users online

Martin's Twitter