Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 4th Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    • 2,510Posts
    • 991Thanks
    Cotta
    Nationwide Introduction Rate Ending
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    Nationwide Introduction Rate Ending 4th Dec 17 at 8:28 PM
    Hi All,

My introduction rate of 5% for my Nationwide current account is coming to an end, what are my options in such a situation?
Page 2
    • interest Ted
    • By interest Ted 5th Dec 17, 5:04 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    interest Ted
    Several threads about it and you should have received revised T&Cs. Have you binned them?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5727599
    Originally posted by badger09
    Thanks Badger. Yes got the T&Cs but somehow missed it altogether. Also missed the threads as normally just keep an eye on the savings board.
    Ah well all good things etc etc.
    Ted
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 5th Dec 17, 6:16 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    AndyPK
    If you mean downgrade from Flexdirect then upgrade to Flexdirect again in a few days to obtain 5%, then No, and you never could.
    Originally posted by badger09
    Sort of says it here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5629890&highlight=flexdirect

Just released the reg saver is now only £250
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 5th Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    • 3,224 Posts
    • 2,989 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    OK, I get it now. I have applied for a BM saver at 1.45% to have in readiness, I will delay fund transfer till May then.
    Cheers
    Originally posted by yorkshireOAP
    You can have another 5% Regular Saver in May (assuming they're still on offer then). That's probably worth keeping the FlexDirect open with a pound or so in it.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 12th Dec 17, 4:08 PM
    • 2,510 Posts
    • 991 Thanks
    Cotta
    I will continue feeding my regular saver each month with Nationwide, but from next month onwards I need a new current account home for my money,
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 12th Dec 17, 4:36 PM
    • 1,456 Posts
    • 1,747 Thanks
    Kim_13
    I will continue feeding my regular saver each month with Nationwide, but from next month onwards I need a new current account home for my money,
    Originally posted by Cotta
    There's only the TSB Classic Plus for 3% on £1,500 which doesn't require Direct Debits.

If you have/can get some Direct Debits, all the options are in this article: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts?_ga=2.58970990.253305525.1511632009-342153113.1511632009#interest
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,103Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter