Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 4th Dec 17, 7:59 PM
    • 1,373Posts
    • 1,383Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    'Justice' system makes me sad and mad!!
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:59 PM
    'Justice' system makes me sad and mad!! 4th Dec 17 at 7:59 PM
    Just been reading about a case where it seems pretty clear that a man did something really terrible to his young child which resulted in her death. Wont mention details as its probably not allowed.
    Anyway, said person apparently refused to answer questions put to him in court. Why do we allow this?! If you are innocent surely you would answer in as much detail possible to convince everyone of your innocence?
    Then....even if found guilty of terrible crimes, offenders are jailed for such short amounts of time. The re offending rate is high too.
    As a supposedly leading nation, why is life so cheap here in the UK? If someone is guilty of a disgusting crime, why burden the tax payer housing and feeding them?
    I'm truly happy we have fair trials etc but I do think the overall system is way too soft. Its an insult to victims and the tax payer.
Page 4
    • lika_86
    • By lika_86 6th Dec 17, 3:35 PM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 4,251 Thanks
    lika_86
    Interesting that the OP thought it was "pretty clear" that the bloke had abused his child when at least one expert suggests it's not clear that that was the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-42252052

Moral of the story? Perhaps don't judge something unless you've heard both sides and all the evidence, which is what the inquest is doing.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 6th Dec 17, 6:44 PM
    • 15,826 Posts
    • 9,121 Thanks
    motorguy
    I don't believe in capital punishment
    Originally posted by Robisere
    No, it definitely exists.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 6th Dec 17, 6:46 PM
    • 16,387 Posts
    • 43,107 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    Interesting that the OP thought it was "pretty clear" that the bloke had abused his child when at least one expert suggests it's not clear that that was the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-42252052

Moral of the story? Perhaps don't judge something unless you've heard both sides and all the evidence, which is what the inquest is doing.
    Originally posted by lika_86
    Maybe so, but there was another case this year where leg fractures were dismissed as accidental and it turned out not to be the case. The social workers ignored it and that ended in the murder of the child.

So this child had old leg fractures, damage to her lungs, copious bleeding from the rectum with no sign of impacted faeces due to constipation, damage to her internal organs (according to a different pathologist), a father who refuses to co-operate and answer questions, and her DNA was found on his genitals.

It may all be just coincidental but by anyone's account its not looking good. However, another pathologist claims that her injuries were caused by constipation and resuscitation attempts. So make of it what you will.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

The best kept secret is an open secret.

A vacuum is nature's default state.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter