Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 4th Dec 17, 7:37 PM
    • 672Posts
    • 342Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    Timing belts
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:37 PM
    Timing belts 4th Dec 17 at 7:37 PM
    Anyone got a link to a site to check timing belt intervals?

I can't seem to find a UK one on google.
Page 2
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 7th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    angrycrow
    It's a secret.
    Originally posted by Inner Zone
    So secret I don't think he knows either.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 7th Dec 17, 9:24 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    Took about 2 seconds to find. Google this: 'Gates timing belt interval chart'

Its the second link in the result set to the pdf document which downloads and hence I can't post the link directly; opens in Adobe Acrobat; lists all the cars and when the belt is due.
    • patman99
    • By patman99 7th Dec 17, 11:09 PM
    • 8,118 Posts
    • 9,542 Thanks
    patman99
    The same engine fitted by different manufacturers can have different intervals for timing belt changes as well.

The 1.6Hdi PSA diesel unit has a 150,000 mile, or 10 year interval when fitted to a Citreon or Peugeot, but only an 80,000, or 8 year interval when fitted to a Ford.

Same engine, same kit.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £759.94/ £1000 (that's 75.49%)

3-6 month EF £240.61/£3600 (that's 4 days worth)

Do you/your spouse earn less than £197 p/w ?. Fill-in Form R85 and get your Bank interest Tax free.
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 8th Dec 17, 12:39 AM
    • 1,461 Posts
    • 997 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    Took about 2 seconds to find. Google this: 'Gates timing belt interval chart'

Its the second link in the result set to the pdf document which downloads and hence I can't post the link directly; opens in Adobe Acrobat; lists all the cars and when the belt is due.
    Originally posted by EdGasketTheSecond
    Question:

Does google always come back with the correct answer?
    • wgl2014
    • By wgl2014 8th Dec 17, 3:03 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    wgl2014
    http://bfy.tw/FSMg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,197Posts Today

5,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin