Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stec1603
    • By Stec1603 4th Dec 17, 7:09 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Stec1603
    Custom and practice
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:09 PM
    Custom and practice 4th Dec 17 at 7:09 PM
    Hello

So after being made redundant in March this year myself and a few colleagues are in the final stages of a ET hearing.
    We where made redundant, however we was not paid an average of incentives earned over the last 12 months period.
    We have had no representation due to costs.

The wording in our contract states that COMMISION will be paid where they are deemed MAJOR terms of employment.

The business is claiming that Incentives/Bonus /Commission are all different and so as we were paid incentives not commission we are not entitled to an average.
    We have played on the wording, in all honesty we do refer to incentives as all sorts of words such as the above, indeed in some documents the business as referred to this.

My question is we now have to submit tomorrow and refer to legal cases. Obviously not being legal eagles were doing to struggle
    Does anyone have any basic advice please

Obviously I understand you don't have the case specifics

Thanks in advance
    Stephen
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 4th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 30,793 Posts
    • 18,399 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    My question is we now have to submit tomorrow and refer to legal cases. Obviously not being legal eagles were doing to struggle
    let me drop everything and see what I can find........

So after being made redundant in March this year myself and a few colleagues are in the final stages of a ET hearing.
    OH you had 7 months, you give me 12hrs, I don't think so....
    • Stec1603
    • By Stec1603 4th Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Stec1603
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    let me drop everything and see what I can find........

OH you had 7 months, you give me 12hrs, I don't think so....
    Originally posted by getmore4less
    Thanks appreciate it.

Oh and 7 months. Actually NO we only found out the respondent would be doing that at 4 pm today. Obviously not being a solicitor I don't even know what that meant until I looked it up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,446Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter