Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • newtosaving1
    • By newtosaving1 4th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 5Thanks
    newtosaving1
    Switch? Anyone have experience with 'Bulb'?
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    Switch? Anyone have experience with 'Bulb'? 4th Dec 17 at 6:00 PM
    Hi
    I am looking at switching as British Gas tariff as shot up since my fix ended (only just getting round to it, the large November bill has pushed me to)! I just wondered whether anyone has any experience with Bulb as it's one of top picks?

With Bulb my bill will reduce from estimated £46 per month to £35. This is a variable tariff with them although they will cover my £40 BG exit fee.
    A second option is to fix with BG and drop my bill to £38 per month (and using the hopeful £25 cashback to cover some of the £40 exit fee, as well as gaining a years boiler cover)

Would appreciate anyone's advice as I'm getting used to this switching malarkey.
    Em
Page 1
    • macman
    • By macman 4th Dec 17, 6:58 PM
    • 41,425 Posts
    • 17,050 Thanks
    macman
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:58 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:58 PM
    What matters is the annual cost, not the monthly DD amount, which is purely an estimate. Get your annual usage in kWh, use any comp site and it will show your options.
    Bulb seem competitive, but few people want to move from fixed to variable tariffs in an unstable market.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • newtosaving1
    • By newtosaving1 4th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    newtosaving1
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    Sorry I should have said, this was going through the MSE cheap energy club, and based on average yearly usage which gave me the monthly fee. I think you have probably answered my question though and it will be worth fixing at a cheaper rate with BG again.

I'm just a bit reluctant to move to other companies which have limited feedback (even tho BG don't have a great record according to Martin I have never had issues with them).
    Thank you for your reply!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,134Posts Today

5,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin