Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Missgemma123
    • By Missgemma123 4th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Missgemma123
    Lloyds overdraft charges
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    Lloyds overdraft charges 4th Dec 17 at 5:47 PM
    Hi so I've been receiving charges on my unplanned overdraft with lloyds for years now and I have contacted them about it and they are saying they have done nothing wrong doing and aren't willing to look into my case and are sending me a final response letter I only contacted them a few days ago is there any advise you can give me on where to go from here? I was on benefits up untill 2 years ago and the bank charges did cripple us and left us owing money all over the place the bank don't seem willing to investigate though I understand not all cases win but they don't seem willing to even look into it
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 4th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    • 7,305 Posts
    • 9,049 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    Their letter will include details of how to escalate to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

But what have the bank done that's actually incorrect?
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 4th Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    • 1,461 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    The charges on a planned overdraft would have been lower than an unplanned one on the old fee system, however a bank is under no obligation to provide a planned facility. Nor would they have granted this automatically - you would need to have applied for it.

In your post you note that not all cases win - do you have a PPI complaint or have you been missold a bank account that you had to pay a monthly fee for? These would be dealt with separately to your being unhappy with your overdraft fees.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

1,927Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin