Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Biccy99
    • By Biccy99 4th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Biccy99
    Should I appeal?
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    Should I appeal? 4th Dec 17 at 4:57 PM
    Hi guys,

Looking for reassurance really as Iím in two minds having read the advice in the newbies thread whether to ignore or appeal. What would you do?

Basically I had a pcn issued by northern parking services. The alleged incident happened on 29 June and was for returning during a no return period. There was no windscreen pcn and the ntk wasnít issued until 11 september, so outside of the 56 days, therefore no keeper liability.

No evidence has been provided that the driver did return to the car park within the no return period, there is just a single photo of my car parking up. I can clearly see from the photo that I was not the driver.

I have missed the 28 day appeal period. My fault entirely, I simply didnt open the letter, for no better reason than I was busy and it looked like junk mail. The first letter I opened was a debt recovery letter, whack also looked like junk! Iíve had a subsequent letter from the debt recovery company headed legal recovery action and warning of the impacts of a ccj.

I am torn between sending a late appeal to the operator , and ignoring the letters entirely.

Does anyone know if northern parking services are likely to take this to court?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Dec 17, 5:12 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,015 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:12 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:12 PM
    as its too late to do anything as yet , I would ignore pending either an LBC or MCOL being issued

if NPS use gladrags services, gladrags will probably push them into a court case

try the BMPA zendesk for an idea on how likely they are to issue an MCOL
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Biccy99
    • By Biccy99 4th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Biccy99
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    They are using DCBL
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Dec 17, 5:23 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,015 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:23 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:23 PM
    they are debt collectors so wont be issuing any court papers
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Biccy99
    • By Biccy99 4th Dec 17, 5:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Biccy99
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:30 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:30 PM
    Hmm maybe I should make a complaint about their threatening and misleading letter instead!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 6:19 PM
    • 15,915 Posts
    • 24,673 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:19 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:19 PM
    Hmm maybe I should make a complaint about their threatening and misleading letter instead!
    Originally posted by Biccy99
    Who to .....?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Biccy99
    • By Biccy99 4th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Biccy99
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    Trading standards...they are purporting to be bailiffs and are not. Aggressive and misleading business practices...
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,015 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    DCBL are both , check out the tv programmes

in this case they are acting as scary (not) debt collectors because they have no court order , so no warrant of control, and no high court writ either

these debt collectors do this 24/7/365 and despite complaints to all and sundry , including MP`s , nothing has been done about them , yet

go ahead if it makes you feel better, but dont expect it to change matters

your time and energy is better spent preparing for a possible LBC or MCOL
    Newbies !!
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 4th Dec 17, 7:59 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 2,917 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:59 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:59 PM
    as per the advice above .... the murky world of parking on private land does not have the normal ... who to complain to ....

how ever

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

good luck

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,283Posts Today

7,125Users online

Martin's Twitter