Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tite-anic
    • By tite-anic 4th Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tite-anic
    Midland Bank
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    Midland Bank 4th Dec 17 at 4:35 PM
    I had a MIdland Bank credit card in the mid 90s which I only held for a very short while so it didn't get a lot of use. I don't have any details about the card but I'm pretty sure I paid insurance on it.

Midland Bank then became HSBC and I later moved that account to First Direct, which I still have. Unfortunately, I don't know the acc. numbers for the Midlands Bank or HSBC accounts.

Is it likely that I can find any details from my earlier accounts in order to see whether I'm eligible for a claim? Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 89,930 Posts
    • 56,605 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    it isnt a case of eligibility. Anybody can complain about anything they like.

Did you borrow on the card (ie. didnt pay it off each month)? If yes, then that is the when PPI becomes payable if you had it. If no, then you would not have paid PPI.

You put your complaint to HSBC with what little info you have (include past addresses)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

996Posts Today

5,829Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin