Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 4th Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 3,532Posts
    • 18,875Thanks
    Misslayed
    Am I banned after my Heart radio win?
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    Am I banned after my Heart radio win? 4th Dec 17 at 4:29 PM
    I know Bauer media winners canít win again for a while, but I think Heart is Global media, does anyone know if the same applies? Got enough to do without entering comps I canít win! The cheque is in the post btw!
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Page 1
    • toniq
    • By toniq 4th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    • 28,219 Posts
    • 602,997 Thanks
    toniq
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    I've had quite a few heart wins and always backaway from Global comps till at least 6 months has passed, they have never written to me though but that might be because I didn't continue entering them.

http://www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions/competition/

2.4 So that we can ensure the fairness of our competitions, we reserve the right to
    prevent you, at our absolute discretion, from entering any of our Competitions for a period of six months (“Exclusion Period”) if you have either (i) won a Prize valued at £1,000 or greater or (ii) won more than one Prize during the previous six months. If we choose to exercise this right we will notify you in writing. If you continue to enter our Competitions during the Exclusion Period we reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to remove prizes and impose a further exclusion period of twelve months from the date of your last entry attempt. Entry fees will not be refunded.
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 4th Dec 17, 5:03 PM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 18,875 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:03 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:03 PM
    Thanks! I’ll look for a list of Global media now. I suppose the ‘absolute discretion’ covers the possibility that one could enter several competitions on different sites and win more than once.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 4th Dec 17, 5:04 PM
    • 8,749 Posts
    • 54,249 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:04 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:04 PM
    Ooooooh what did you win? Hope it was something fab.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 4th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 18,875 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    Ooooooh what did you win? Hope it was something fab.
    Originally posted by Ms Chocaholic
    £1000
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 4th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 8,749 Posts
    • 54,249 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 5th Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    • 3,651 Posts
    • 288,854 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    Just setup a new email alias and use that on the radio comps
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 38,192 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    Well done on your win!

I don't know about the £1000+ cash amounts, but I do know of someone who won a holiday with one of the Global stations and the letter they received in the post (with the prize details) specifically said that they were not to enter for 6 months. So I guess they do adhere to this bit "If we choose to exercise this right we will notify you in writing." and the letter with your cheque may mention it? Or if it doesn't mention it, it may be ok, but I'm not sure (not had the good fortune of winning yet myself, so not a dilemma I've had to face )
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 5th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 18,875 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    Thanks for all you replies, the cheque is in the post, so I’ll see what the letter says.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

1,161Users online

Martin's Twitter