Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hbop17
    • By hbop17 4th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    hbop17
    PLEASE HELP, got a parking ticket when my engine failed!
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    PLEASE HELP, got a parking ticket when my engine failed! 4th Dec 17 at 2:31 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I hoping to get some help, advise and perhaps some legal advise here. A few months ago i was driving my car when the engine starting to make a loud noise, i knew something isn't right and tried to drive a little further as it was on a main road, then a about 10 seconds later the speed just started to slow down beyond my control. I was so lucky as there is a local mechanic off the main road that i know of so i managed to pull over in time at a safe point which had happened to be a loading bay.

I went into the garage to seek help, a couple of mechanic came with me outside to help push the car into the garage. When i got to the driver side i noticed a parking ticket. I was so annoyed and contested to Redbridge Council and present the original invoice receipt from the garage that detailed engine failure. They responded in writing stating they don't feel the invoice provided is 'authentic'! I was so shocked and couldn't believe what they were claiming.(they also retained the original receipt and didn't bother returning this to me).

I had to make another trip to the mechanics for another invoice receipt and submitted an appeal. They responded the same excuse again and again kept the 2nd invoice receipt!

I am so angry, if they think its a false invoice then they should contact the garage. I don't understand what a driver should do in event of emergency? Do drivers just stop in the middle of the main road and cause manic and danger to the public? What option did i have? i Just pulled over to the nearest safe point.

I now have to appeal to an independent adjudicator and seriously don't know where i stand. I thought i did the right thing. I feel the council are taking the p*ss.

Can anyone advise me off what i can do or state in legal terms?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • hbop17
    • By hbop17 4th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hbop17
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    ok thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,477Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter