Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kevkj
    • By kevkj 4th Dec 17, 1:25 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 6Thanks
    kevkj
    Help with benefits
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:25 PM
    Help with benefits 4th Dec 17 at 1:25 PM
    Hi i wonder if someone can help me.
    I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter.
    She has recently started a 8 ours a week contract job at Outfit.
    So far she has been there 6 weeks and has on average worked her 8 hour contract plus 25 hours overtime all at 7.05 a hour.
    She lives with us and is 22 would she be entitled to any benefits if she only gets 8 hours work a week as may happen after Xmas?

Obviously whe she is on holiday she will also only get paid 8 hours leaving her very short.

Is she entitled to any benefits assistance?
    Last edited by kevkj; 04-12-2017 at 2:29 PM.
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 4th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 10,902 Posts
    • 12,785 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    Hi i wonder if someone can help me.
    I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter.
    She has recently started a 8 contract job at Outfit.
    So far she has been there 6 weeks and has on average worked her 8 hour contract plus 25 hours overtime all at 7.05 a hour.
    She lives with us and is 22 would she be entitled to any benefits if she only gets 8 hours work a week as may happen after Xmas?

Obviously whe she is on holiday she will also only get paid 8 hours leaving her very short.

Is she entitled to any benefits assistance?
    Originally posted by kevkj
    The current standard allowance for Universal Credit for a single person under 25 is 251.77 per 4 weeks so she may get a little.

She would, however, be expected to sign a claimant commitment and be expected to look for work for 35 hrs a week.

The waiting time for payment on first claim is 5/6 weeks.

I am assuming that she is single, has no dependent children, no disabilities and no savings over 6000.
    • kevkj
    • By kevkj 4th Dec 17, 2:32 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    kevkj
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:32 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:32 PM
    THANKS ,yes all your assumptions are correct .Cannot see her doing less than 10 hours a week so entitled to nothing really.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

728Posts Today

4,505Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should pubs and restaurants be made by law to allow non customers (behaving reasonably) to use their toilets?

• Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• Follow Martin