Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Deblob
    • By Deblob 4th Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Deblob
    Parking fine received after appeal window
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    Parking fine received after appeal window 4th Dec 17 at 1:22 PM
    Hi guys.

New to the forum and checked the New User thread but think my case is a little strange so I couldn't find an answer.

My wife went for a meal with her friends in mid September to a Frankie and Bennie's. The car park for the premises are monitored by Smart Parking LTD.

She entered her registration into the iPad they use in store to update the car parking firm to prevent this issue (Apparently)

This happened mid September and we have just received a letter on from a debt collector advising that they have been passed our details as Smart Parking LTD were unable to get in contact with us.

Fine is £160!! I've also been told that because it is over 30 days that I am unable to appeal it.

I have a receipt sent to me from the restaurant confirming the arrival and leave time of the table and this correlates with the times the registration was pictured arriving and leaving hte carpark.

Has anyone any advise what to do?

All our details are upto date with dvla and insurance etc so really confused as to what's happened.

Thanks.

Stu
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    • 15,873 Posts
    • 24,609 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    If you’re saying you’ve had no correspondence from Smart Parking about this previously, then you must complain to the BPA and the DVLA that the first you heard about this was when you were contacted by DRP.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

You can ignore anything that DRP send you - see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 4th Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 2,917 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    while following the above advice ......

go back to Frankie and Bennie's. and complain like mad ?

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

1,489Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin