Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • christmastime
    • By christmastime 4th Dec 17, 12:50 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    christmastime
    injury fall compensation solicitor and advice needed thanks
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:50 PM
    injury fall compensation solicitor and advice needed thanks 4th Dec 17 at 12:50 PM
    can somone suggest a decent injury solicitor no win no fee? i had a fall in morrisons two weeks ago i slipped on on cream which was fro a broken bottle in the store? can somone suggest the protocol i follow thank you so much
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 17,354 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    First ignore any PM's you now may get from lurkers here offering to take this on for you.

And any recommendations from anyone relatively new or low post counts.
    • Jsnb88
    • By Jsnb88 4th Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Jsnb88
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    Have you sustained life changing injury? Or are you just trying your luck?
    • stokesley
    • By stokesley 4th Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    stokesley
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    Good luck!

Do you have legal cover on your house insurance? If so, they may look at your case.

However, I broke and dislocated my ankle by tripping on something left in an aisle in a certain well-known supermarket a few years ago - ambulance, needed surgery, plate, pins, 3 days in hospital, and six weeks in a wheelchair, followed by a year of further treatment. I am not in favour of suing for everything, but eventually followed it up via my house insurance cover to try and get back my out of pocket expenses (physio, hire of wheelchair, loads more).

Once T***o finally responded, they could prove by their cleaners' records that the aisle had been checked within a reasonable length of time of my accident. At that point the solicitors refused to act for me, as the probability of succeeding was less than 50%. I got absolutely nothing - not even a £5 voucher
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 5th Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 4,010 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    Good luck!

Do you have legal cover on your house insurance? If so, they may look at your case.

However, I broke and dislocated my ankle by tripping on something left in an aisle in a certain well-known supermarket a few years ago - ambulance, needed surgery, plate, pins, 3 days in hospital, and six weeks in a wheelchair, followed by a year of further treatment. I am not in favour of suing for everything, but eventually followed it up via my house insurance cover to try and get back my out of pocket expenses (physio, hire of wheelchair, loads more).

Once T***o finally responded, they could prove by their cleaners' records that the aisle had been checked within a reasonable length of time of my accident. At that point the solicitors refused to act for me, as the probability of succeeding was less than 50%. I got absolutely nothing - not even a £5 voucher
    Originally posted by stokesley

maybe they doctored it ?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Dec 17, 9:21 AM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 17,354 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:21 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:21 AM
    Have you sustained life changing injury? Or are you just trying your luck?
    Originally posted by Jsnb88
    You don't need any injury to be"life changing" to be able to make a compensation claim.

People come here for help!
    • stokesley
    • By stokesley 5th Dec 17, 3:23 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    stokesley
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:23 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:23 PM
    maybe they doctored it ?
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    Surely not!
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 5th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    What do you actually need compensating for?
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 6th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    • 4,010 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    Surely not!
    Originally posted by stokesley
    Every little helps...
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • Crazy Jamie
    • By Crazy Jamie 6th Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 2,046 Thanks
    Crazy Jamie
    What do you actually need compensating for?
    Originally posted by bertiewhite
    A person who suffers injury due to the negligence of a third party has a legal right to recover compensation to reflect the pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused by the injury itself, quite apart from any out of pocket expenses. The OP may have difficulty if the injury is very minor because frankly it wouldn't be worth the time or effort in pursuing it, whether for them personally or for solicitors, but beyond that the injury itself is sufficient.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

7,959Users online

Martin's Twitter