Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 4th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    • 8,757Posts
    • 54,300Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    Water Company Access
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    Water Company Access 4th Dec 17 at 11:10 AM
    Hi

I have an enclosed rear garden in which there is a manhole, on about 4 occasions in the last two months I have been contacted by the Water company requesting access as there is a blockage at a property nearby. This has necessitated me leaving work early to let them have access.

When the water company rep has visited previously he has stated the blockage is down to the property flushing wipes down the toilet.

It's happened again! The water company need access, probably for the same reason but I won't know until the rep visits but it's the same property. As the water company have jet washed the pipes out each time, then something surely must be being flushed down that's causing the blockage(s).

Is there anything I can do as clearly the property owner seems to have little regard to the impact on his/her neighbours. Luckily I'm not affected by the blockage and everything is running smoothly.

Thanks
    Ms Choc
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 4th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 27,109 Posts
    • 13,222 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    You presumably have a shared drain with your neighbour(s) which means under the new rules the water company are responsible for clearing that drain.

If the water company are certain who is the culprit and certain of the cause they can charge them for the work, or at least issue a warning. If more than one neighbour uses that shared drain it is more of a problem.

Often blockages are caused by a damaged pipe where these wipes initially get snagged.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter