Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beryl streep
    • By beryl streep 4th Dec 17, 11:06 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    beryl streep
    No windscreen PCN, now abroad, fine tripled
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:06 AM
    No windscreen PCN, now abroad, fine tripled 4th Dec 17 at 11:06 AM
    Lucky enough to land a 6 month contract working in NZ. (Yay!) Left England 27th Sept. Son checking post periodically and earlier collected 2 letters from Warwickshire County Council re PCN of £50 on 10th Sept in Stratford on Avon. Both letters have arrived since we left the UK. Not disputing I parked there but didn't know of parking restriction in the street and there was no windscreen PCN when I got back to the car.

Problem is letter 1 (Notice to Owner) dated 11 Oct says as I hadn't taken up the offer of a 50% discount for payment within 14 says, the full £50 is due.
    Letter 2 (Charge Certificate) dated 17 Oct says 'as the penalty charge has not been paid within the relevant period the penalty charge in question has now been increased by 50% to £75'

As I didn't even know I had a PCN I couldn't pay the £25 reduced amount and as we're overseas I've only just heard about the other letters with the increasing fine.
    Anyone know if I will still be able to pay the reduced amount, given the extenuating circumstances? It's past the date for appeal so will they even consider anything other than the £75? I have until tomorrow (Monday night here now) before letter 2 says the charge 'may be recovered as if it were payable under a county court order'

Appreciate any advice. (NSL are the company handling parking issues for the Warwickshire CC).
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    • 15,964 Posts
    • 24,779 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beryl streep
    • By beryl streep 4th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    beryl streep
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    Thanks. Off to post there now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,141Posts Today

7,052Users online

Martin's Twitter