Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 4th Dec 17, 8:51 AM
    • 4,661Posts
    • 35,812Thanks
    DawnW
    What small moneysaving things will you do this week? W/C 4 December
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:51 AM
    What small moneysaving things will you do this week? W/C 4 December 4th Dec 17 at 8:51 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    NSDs for December 5/15
    Decluttering 13/31

Page 1
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 4th Dec 17, 8:59 AM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 35,812 Thanks
    DawnW
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:59 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:59 AM
    Morning all
    Didn't see a thread, so thought I would start one - hopefully I haven't cross posted with someone else who had the same idea at the same time!

Today's plans:
    Washed hair and allowed to dry naturally
    HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fresh fruit
    Get some more fruit out of the freezer (racing DNMS to get one emptied before 21 Dec - I fear she will win )
    Walk dog x 2
    Find a box to post an ebay item that has just been paid for - there will be one in the garage
    Post 2 ebay items, maybe 3 as another finishes this morning and has bids
    List at least 2 more items
    Some cleaning
    Some tidying
    Check banks
    Check for surveys
    All of this is contingent upon whether imminent grand baby decides to make an appearance. If she/he does, than I will have to look after his/her older sister and nothing will get done
    NSDs for December 5/15
    Decluttering 13/31

• carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 4th Dec 17, 9:09 AM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 9,549 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:09 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:09 AM
    Morning Dawn and all who follow

Dawn - your DD will have to get shift on - I'm not sharing my birthday with bubba (it's ok, she has 5 days yet!)

I'm still knackered from the late night Saturday. Apparently doing anything other than going to bed at 9.30 and drinking camomile tea in your mid thirties becomes hellish and you pay for days?!

B@lls to this. I'm going to live as a nun I think.

On the plus side, last night was the first annual showing of the Muppets' Christmas Carol chez Fanta

Just the usual bits and bobs here - not much interesting to post. I should be going to the gym at lunchtime but I'm not sure that I cba... need another early night I think!!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31

SAVINGS: £9433.44
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 4th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    • 574 Posts
    • 5,599 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    Morning all,

Thanks for the start Dawn, I hope that your dd isn't waiting too long!
    Clf, I'm feeling like I have a hangover this morning, I think its just dehydration from being in the car for 12hrs over the last two days
    CCL. we're all here whenever you get chance to pop in!

Todays list from me
    Ds1 finishing a pack of toastie pockets (using up freezer stuff here too Dnms & Dawn)
    Ds2 to school breakfast club for a free breakfast
    Gym session & refill water bottle there well kind of done, I went and refilled water bottle and walked on the treadmill for 10mins before cancelling my class as my headache wasn't shifting and lifting weights wasn't going to help!
    Brunch at home using whatever is in the fridge - my mum & dad are popping in for a catch up so thinking omelettes as I have lots of eggs My dad came and cooked it too bonus
    Check banking / update spreadsheet
    Record cars mileage
    Got a notification from hotukdea1s about a free months code for n0wtv was able to get a free months movie pass
    Write some xmas cards 7cards written, lots to go but planning on doing a few a day
    Make families lunches for tomorrow
    Check onepoll for surveys only 5p away from a payout
    yougov surveys
    Do a bit of something on swag$
    Wash a load on the quick 30 degree wash
    Radiator shuffle the washing
    Run the dishwasher on the quick wash
    Prep tonights meal, using chicken from the freezer that I've defrosted overnight and veggies for the freezer & a dolmio chicken traybake sauce thing that I got free on a mr t delivery a month or so ago from my use up box
    Share bath water, continue use up of lotions and potions and let hair dry naturally
    See if I can work out what is wrong with ds2;s charger for his chromebook as its not charging
    Clean kitchen using stardrops
    Rm surveys
    Superglue the tea canister that's fallen apart rather then buy a new one as dh suggested!
    Set up the kids jobs/chores/homework for pocket money chart in the bullet journal and added the kids pocket money to their charts
    Updated freezer inventory and done a meal plan based on it
    Cut open the shampoo bottle that dh said was empty - at least 3 or 4 days worth left

Well that's enough of a start, will hopefully add more as I go along.
    Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 04-12-2017 at 6:20 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 4th Dec 17, 10:17 AM
    • 6,609 Posts
    • 38,115 Thanks
    determined new ms
    • 4th Dec 17, 10:17 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 10:17 AM
    Morning Ha ha Dawn I'm nothing if not prepared to trample over my nearest and dearest to win ANYTHING! It is ON woman!

had a bit of a lay in this morning got madam ready and had a power walk back from school. Caught up with a mum I like and had few belly laughs first thing

came home washed up, put WM on timer for later, soaked some chickpeas.

went to lottie and picked chard, a swede and some brussells mmmmm

finalised CC payments so that is off the list for another month. And shockingly this month I didn't leave it until the final minute!

off to work (boo) for 2 hours - on my day off I might add . Will catch bus and charge them

need to pick up a few bits - won't be anything for the freezer already got a wrap & 2 pints of milk out...

Ok better go and see if there's anything else that can be released from said freezer....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £287.33 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2982.2/Roadkill £8.63
    SFDs Oct 13/15 CC saved £2372.50
    • arc2014
    • By arc2014 4th Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    arc2014
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    Afternoon all,

I've been away from this thread for a couple of weeks now. You might remember that I was facing unemployment and homelessness before Christmas! Well the good news is that we have moved house! The bad news my job is still not secure, but luckily that's less of a priority at the moment. I'm here for the immediate future and I have received a severance package quote which would put me in a good position if I was to leave. So for now it's back to saving/debt busting!

Today's list:

- Sort all bills for new house (Gas & Electric have already more than halved! )
    - Shop and stick to the list
    - Save los from tea for work lunch tomorrow
    - Work out how to set the new washing machine on eco/quick wash!
    - Only put essentials in the dryer
    - Weekly meal plan
    - Contest parking fine I bought a ticket but it must have blown off my dashboard as I shut the door. £50 fine!
    - Work down the "To change address with" list, I can't believe so many people need to know where I live!
    Logbook Loan 970.42/1000 · DC1 75/1420.32 · DC2 40/321.13 · DC3 11.75/11.75 · DC4 60/635 · Personal Loan 640.71/4800 · Overdraft 0/1200 · Total 1797.89/9388.20

SPC #200

Lightbulb Moment September 2017 - DFD Christmas 2018!
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 4th Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    • 6,609 Posts
    • 38,115 Thanks
    determined new ms
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    hey arc good to hear you've got somewhere else to live. Hope the job situ sorts itself out very soon
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £287.33 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2982.2/Roadkill £8.63
    SFDs Oct 13/15 CC saved £2372.50
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 4th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    • 3,733 Posts
    • 18,454 Thanks
    foxgloves
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    Hello Monday Money Savers,
    I felt very Monday-ish first thing.....& I'm not even working! Goodness knows how even more Monday-ish I'd have been feeling if I'd had to get up & go & stand in front of all those classes of kids, like CCL! Respect due, CCL, especially as I bet the kids are all getting de-mob happy now, like the teachers. They'll be even worse when they see some snowflakes (due Friday?)
    Well, here's today's list:
    *Totally an NSD. Haven't set foot outside the house except to feed the birds & fetch the wheelie bin!
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water. Washed hair & let it dry naturally. This must save a bit of energy bill money over a year.
    *Two loads of laundry drying on heated airer, which also helps keep the chill off the conservatory over night. Timer set for a cheap overnight wash tonight, too.
    *Baked a granary loaf.
    *Tidied the freezer & I can join the Dawn/DNMS freezer club, in that there are a lot of oddments in there, but not a lot of meals. Need space for Christmas baking, so enjoyed a good sort out.
    *While I was half in & out of the freezer, I decided to do next week's meal plans as well, so am ahead with that.
    *Baked some very festive muffins using a pecked apple, some frozen candied peel, some surplus cranberries & the zest from my lunchtime satsuma!
    *Made a lentil loaf for tonight's meal.....will also be enough to serve cold tomorrow with jacket potatoes.
    *Made a huge casseroles dish of braised red cabbage with apples & froze for Christmas Day (I don't like sprouts) & other winter meals. Kept a portion out to serve with the lentil loaf tonight. It was a totally massive red cabbage (60p from local farm stall on market) so I have more than enough to make some winter coleslaw to go with tomorrow's meal too.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Finished my boot socks.
    *No downstairs heating on yet, but am about to remedy that.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £294
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 35,812 Thanks
    DawnW
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    Not much of y list done today, as DD and little GD came round - no new baby yet!

Morning all
    Didn't see a thread, so thought I would start one - hopefully I haven't cross posted with someone else who had the same idea at the same time!

Today's plans:
    Washed hair and allowed to dry naturally Done
    HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fresh fruit Done
    Get some more fruit out of the freezer (racing DNMS to get one emptied before 21 Dec - I fear she will win ) Done, Foxgloves has joined the challenge I see!
    Walk dog x 2 Done
    Find a box to post an ebay item that has just been paid for - there will be one in the garage Done
    Post 2 ebay items, maybe 3 as another finishes this morning and has bids Posted 2, awaiting payment for the third
    List at least 2 more items Not done, too dark to take photos by the time DD went home
    Some cleaning Nope
    Some tidying Changed curtains in dining room - not sure if that counts. Put them away in the bottom drawer of a huge chest I have in the sitting room, turfed out a throw I don't like much, and it has gone back to the charity shop from whence it came!
    Check banks Not yet
    Check for surveys Did one for Ipsos
    All of this is contingent upon whether imminent grand baby decides to make an appearance. If she/he does, than I will have to look after his/her older sister and nothing will get done
    Originally posted by DawnW
    What I did do, was to take some new stuff to my sales unit while out anyway for the post office. Popped into a couple of CS while out, and found myself a nice winter coat and a cheery red tartan throw. Another throw has now left the house, and at least one coat will be following it shortly!
    Walked into town with GD this afternoon to give her mum a break, and to buy some new colouring pens, as the ones I had here had dried up. Went to the toy shop to choose some, although she was 'wow!' she didn't ask for anything else We also looked for cats and Christmas trees, dropped a couple of things off at the CS, had to stop and ask some road men why they were brushing sand over the pavers they had just laid, stopped at the park for a quick play with a little boy called Jamie, and sang The Grand Old Duke of York all the way home. Grandma is exhausted now

Stove lit, had dinner (easy thank goodness, jacket potato, cold chicken and salad), OH took the rest of the chicken off the carcase, which is now in the SC with a carrot, a piece of celery and half an onion to make lovely stock Kitchen cleaned up, and now time to look at some of the other things on my list!
    NSDs for December 5/15
    Decluttering 13/31

• DawnW
    • By DawnW 4th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 35,812 Thanks
    DawnW
    Arc, it is good to hear that you have found somewhere else to live. Hopefully the job situation will sort itself out soon
    NSDs for December 5/15
    Decluttering 13/31

• Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 4th Dec 17, 8:46 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 2,356 Thanks
    Pauper1
    I'd like to join you if I may? I'm just trying to think what DFW things I'd have done today... batched a few extra portions of shepherdless pie for the freezer, radiator shuffled the washing, um... will do better tomorrow!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £22,850 £39,349.41 Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... Aiming for 1st Nov 2026
    Priorities changed, sold our house, going through the settlement process and hope to be debt free by Christmas 2017
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 4th Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 12,973 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Late check in, although I did manage to read earlier. Welcome to newbies and hello to regulars. Lets hope the DGD arrival isn't like watching that giraffe last year Dawn
    Am also on project use up from freezer, note several random things on list Bet Determined wins though, that name didn't happen by accident

Today's list:
    Leftovers to work for lunch
    Left over roast in a fry up for tea
    2 mini donuts out of freezer for DD lunch box tomorrow
    checked banking, updated sheets
    Tried to but gift card for a regular spend that I use, though offer was on until today but when I went on realised it ended yesterday - how annoying, cue mental note not to dither about next time I see it
    Radiator shuffle, take washing upstairs to put away in the morning. No ironing - my kind of washing
    HM fruit bread for breakfast
    Leftover crumble for everyone as a Monday treat
    Lots of work (again) tonight, but hoping light at the end of the tunnel. Have had notification I've earned bonus so that's good news
    Must e-mail MIL before I go to bed on a couple of things.

Right off to check up on a couple of e-mails before bed. Night all.
    • arc2014
    • By arc2014 5th Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    arc2014
    Morning! All done yesterday apart from investigating the new washing machine. Mustdo that tonight!

More for today:

- Pesto pasta for tea
    - Los for work lunch
    - Coffee from home
    - Send some more emails
    - Bake banana bread - the bananas are BEYOND ripe now, they've been sat since Friday!
    Logbook Loan 970.42/1000 · DC1 75/1420.32 · DC2 40/321.13 · DC3 11.75/11.75 · DC4 60/635 · Personal Loan 640.71/4800 · Overdraft 0/1200 · Total 1797.89/9388.20

SPC #200

• Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 5th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 3,040 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Morning everyone
    Arc glad to hear that you have sorted accommodation out. Hoping the job situation sorts itself out for you
    pauperwelcome, this is a great thread for keeping you on the straight and narrow!!

Just when I thought I had finished posting parcels I had to get that one done for my DD. Getting a box was near impossible, managed to adapt a box that I had that was too big and with a lot of sellotape and free RM stamps I managed to send it yesterday. I refuse to send any more parcels now, that's my limit

DD went to pick up some bits that I got half price in Marks, I haven't got a Marks near me but DD has. I managed to get a fleece for £5 with their Sparks offer. DD went to pick them up yesterday and the orders came in bits as they couldn't fulfil all in one go. All I can say is they have made a complete botch up of the orders so poor DD has to go back to sort it out and I spent first thing going through the order details, Marks have made a right mess, but I guess it's that time of year. Some of the bits i have got are ready to put away to donate for a charity auction next year-that's if Marks can find them. I also had an email first thing from them saying that if i didn't pick up certain items by Thursday they are being sent back to the warehouse!!

Cat cleaning done first thing.
    Banking all checked and a bill paid
    Been sorting out the last minute Prague details as I'm also away this weekend.
    Bought an advent calender for a friend who has yet to start her Christmas shopping. Going to put some notes on it such as the day she is aiming to get ready for
    Few cards left to do, but don't need to send
    Just about to do a radiator shuffle to get the last of the washing on.
    I have been picking up an extra item every time I go shopping so that we are prepared food wise. We are at my mum's mostly but having those bits in means I can avoid the shops.
    Need to go to M@rrisons today for cat things and going to pick up a box of crackers that are on a special-without a doubt DD will beaver through these. Will stick to buying only one I need.
    Meeting tonight, will prepare later
    That's about it from me
    Have a good day everyone xx
    2017 birthday savings so far thru shopping frugally = 228.72 284.31 306.81 481.15:money.
    April grocery challenge £171.21/ £200 May GC £248.47/£190 June GC £87.69/ £190
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 5th Dec 17, 9:59 AM
    • 287 Posts
    • 2,356 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Today I'm turning the heating off all day as DS will be out for most of it and there's no washing to dry. I've got ingredients for banana bread, mince pies and gingerbread so will bake those at some point this week (but probably not today).

Today I have/will:
    checked banking/had a cry/sorted spreadsheets
    checked TCB but still pending

check PA (on other laptop in case it's just this one playing up)
    get as far ahead on assignment as possible
    submit meter reading

I'm sure there will be more but this afternoon is all taken up by my assignment and I can't think of anything besides that right now!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £22,850 £39,349.41 Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... Aiming for 1st Nov 2026
    Priorities changed, sold our house, going through the settlement process and hope to be debt free by Christmas 2017
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 5th Dec 17, 10:08 AM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 9,549 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Hi Pauper1 - welcome aboard!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31

SAVINGS: £9433.44
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 5th Dec 17, 10:54 AM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 35,812 Thanks
    DawnW
    Lets hope the DGD arrival isn't like watching that giraffe last year Dawn
    Am also on project use up from freezer, note several random things on list Bet Determined wins though, that name didn't happen by accident
    Originally posted by PurpleFairy26
    Still no baby - DD reports that she is taking her dogs for a massive walk and then planning a hot bath GD is at preschool today.
    Yes, I suspect you are right and DNMS will win, but we can give her a run for her money, can't we This morning I have taken a pack of blackberry and apple pie filling and some frozen sweetcorn out of mine, for some baking I am intending to do

Today's plans:
    Dog walks x 2 (I already done)
    Load of washing out on line, though it isn't doing much!
    Pack an ebay item
    Make a chicken and mushroom pie (with sweetcorn thrown in), some individual blackberry and apple pies or turnovers and a quiche. DD brought us a bowl of eggs yesterday, and I already had some, so it seems an obvious thing to make. Pastry is mixed and resting in the fridge as I find it behaves better if kept in the fridge for a couple of hours before rolling!
    Clean dish drainer thingy as it looks yucky - we have hard water here, and limescale is not a good look!
    Clean bathroom floor
    Check banks
    Check for surveys, finding them a bit of a bore atm!
    Not planning any spends today, though I need to buy some more Christmas presents! CBA today!
    NSDs for December 5/15
    Decluttering 13/31

• arc2014
    • By arc2014 5th Dec 17, 11:15 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    arc2014
    I hope your GD arrives soon Dawn! I was 16 days late with my 1st (although it seemed like 16 weeks at the time!) so everybody was waiting for me!

Thanks all - I feel like such a weight has been lifted, especially now we're in before Christmas. Luckily the babies were happy about moving too! We're close to two of DDs friends & they saw it as a bit of an adventure! Although she was worried Santa wouldn't know we've moved so we had to write him a letter last night

SPC #200

• 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 5th Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    • 574 Posts
    • 5,599 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Afternoon all, Welcome along to newbies, its a great thread so I hope you stick with us & glad things are going ok Arc.

Todays list from me
    Ds1 continuing using up bread/pittas/muffins etc as breakfasts this week from the freezer
    Ds2 to school breakfast club for a free breakfast
    Gym session & refill water bottle there
    Brunch at home using whatever is in the fridge - made a quick chicken curry using a chicken breast, onions, diced pepper from the freezer some sweetcorn, peas, spinach and to make the sauce I used curry powder, milk, peanut butter and some mayonnaise! Tastes much nicer then it sounds!! My dad was very impressed with our improvised brunch! Had it with some sweet potato chips that I'd prepped last week but then froze when we decided to go up north for the weekend.
    The other half of the sweet potato chips will be done as a healthy after school snack for the kids
    Check banking / update spreadsheet
    Cleared the gutters on the conservatory, my dad came to do it and I just had to supply breakfast and hold the ladder
    Gathered up some rotten wood that we'd taken off the fence in the summer and my dad is dropping it off at the tip on his way home for me Also taking 2 car seat boosters that ds2 no longer needs to the shop at the tip, which saves me a trip and gets them out of the way
    Claimed a £5 voucher from p1nec0ne surveys
    Make families lunches for tomorrow
    Check onepoll for surveys Yay I've hit the £40 for payout!!
    yougov surveys
    Do a bit of something on swag$
    Wash a load on the quick 30 degree wash
    Radiator shuffle the washing and hang away what I can, nothing will need ironing for this load which is good
    Run the dishwasher on the quick wash
    Write a few more xmas cards - so that I can hand them over as and when I see people rather then having to post them
    Share bath water, continue use up of lotions and potions and let hair dry naturally
    All meals from stores and will try to include something from the use up box too.
    Hoover just where needed
    Clean kitchen using stardrops
    Rm surveys
    Clear away some things that need filing so that I can finish off tidying that room ready fort the tree to go up later in the week
    Update freezer inventory and use up box inventory again, and adjust plan
    Today is a no spend day as I have no plans to leave the house again other then to walk to the bus stop to pick up ds2!

That's it for now! Have a good day all.
    Checked fruit bowl and there were 3 pears & a kiwi on the turn, so I've chopped them up and got some blueberries and raspberries out of the freezer, will stew them all and have tonight with custard semolina pudding as I have a huge bag of ys semolina in the use up box!

Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 05-12-2017 at 4:34 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 5th Dec 17, 3:44 PM
    • 4,991 Posts
    • 19,816 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Welcome, Pauper1, pull up a chair and make yourself comfy, we are a lovely bunch

The washing machine gods have not been kind to me so I have just bought a new one. The current one came with the house so I have no idea how old it is (but the dishwasher broke earlier this year too.) I toyed with the idea of getting an engineer in but it is integrated so it would be a real faff and there was the chance it would cost almost as much in fallout charges and parts so I've just bitten the bullet. The new one comes next Sunday and has a 1600 spin speed to hopefully will save some money on drying!

I have has nine sales in my little empire this morning, a couple of the new ones look like selling well. I am getting in quotes for more ahead of applying for the LA small business grant.

I too am going to try to empty the freezer though I actually have lots of meals in there but I'm either too lazy too cook them or I don't fancy them so I go to the shop for what I do fancy (crisps) and then end up buying other stuff. So today I have had chicken dippers for lunch (with garlic sauce, that was a good buy, everything tastes better with garlic sauce on!) and I've taken some sea bass out for dinner tonight with some frozen mash.

I've cleaned the fish and over topped up the water so I can take a little more out once all the poo settles again. The cat litter tray needs cleaning so I will do the bathroom at the same time.

I guess I should put away the clean clothes we have as there won't be any more until next Sunday now! I will have to hand wash my uniform. DS's parka was in the washing machine when it broke so that is a big, soggy mess hanging over a chair in the garden, I hope it'll be okay but at least I managed to get it out and luckily he has other coats in the meantime! I should really bail out some of the water in the WM before it gets smelly and to minimise mess when they take it away.

No heating on here (in fact I have the back door open for some fresh air), my mum bought me some fleecy pyjamas yesterday and I plan on wearing them all day too!

I'm off to decorate some more cards!
    Make £5 a day in December £54.94/£310 (November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

599Posts Today

4,298Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @faisalislam: Normalisation of words ?traitor/treachery? to mean ?people who disagree with my belief?... Not entirely sure how political?

• RT @bbclaurak: Thanks Martin - we know we can?t please all the people all the time (stands by for grief) but try hard to show how it actual?

• Morning. I'm on my way to my last @GMB 7:40 deals of the week of 2017. This week including gift card warning, free? https://t.co/2dcNviXxsN

• Follow Martin