Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 4th Dec 17, 6:13 AM
    • 2,896Posts
    • 39,313Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Monday 4 December 2017
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:13 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 4 December 2017 4th Dec 17 at 6:13 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 4 December 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, cold and frosty.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Lunch yesterday was roast beef, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, brussels, peas, yorkshires and gravy - some LO's so will incorporate those into a meal over the next couple of days. Dinner tonight will be smoked sausage and mushroom pasta, menfolk will have a breaded chicken portion with theirs.

We were very chilled yesterday - just watching catchup tv etc, I spent some time on here. Back to work today, it may be busy as first Monday of the month - we'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 04-12-2017 at 6:20 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 4th Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    • 453 Posts
    • 5,558 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Morning everyone.
    The weather here is dull, just dull and I have a headache . Well the episode of cat v squirrel continues, although the squirrel brought a friend this time. The two of them tormented the poor cat mercilessly, oh when will the cat learn not to mess with a squirrel .
    Anyway I have stripped the bed and put the bedding in the WM, I will have to dry it indoors again. While we were upstairs and with the muscles of Mr Fix It ..... I wish , we managed to get out the old Xmas tree and all the decorations from the spare room cupboard and replace them with the DGC's presents. They will be here on Thursday for DD birthday tea and as they both still believe in FC, I don't want to spoil anything so we have hidden them from prying eyes.
    After lunch we have to go down to DD's as Jasper pup was poorly in the night so we will just check on him and drop off the carpet cleaner too. Later I shall remake the bed and clean the bedroom. I also have a few things left to wrap, including DD birthday gifts ( she has already had her money gift and spent it .)
    Tea tonight will be shredded beef, chinese style, as I found some steak in the freezer. but we haven't decided to have it withrice or noodles yet.
    Right off to get some lunch, take care all and hugs to the poorly or worried.
    • whiteguineapig
    • By whiteguineapig 4th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 1,038 Posts
    • 4,791 Thanks
    whiteguineapig
    AOD
    please don't carry on too long ,
    i did that myself and it took too long to recover,
    we are very (very) poor now compared to most people but my mental health is better and we get by
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 4th Dec 17, 3:06 PM
    • 10,029 Posts
    • 107,726 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Redruby I hope your poor DD is feeling better; I know those sort of migraines only too well - you don't know whether to retire to bed or take up residence in the Smallest Room.

Mr LW still hasn't mentioned putting up any tat decs; I wonder if he'll forget all about it this year?
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 4th Dec 17, 3:46 PM
    • 15,456 Posts
    • 63,793 Thanks
    Judi
    Cant beat a good row by phone in the afternoon.

Grump has been offered another job, 20 miles from home. The pay will be less than half than what he is getting at the moment so i get a lecture as how we must pull together to cut costs and give up things that we take for granted.

Cant remember the last thing i bought so i asked him what he was prepared to give up....the phone went dead.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 4th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 9,733 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Cant beat a good row by phone in the afternoon.

Grump has been offered another job, 20 miles from home. The pay will be less than half than what he is getting at the moment so i get a lecture as how we must pull together to cut costs and give up things that we take for granted.

Cant remember the last thing i bought so i asked him what he was prepared to give up....the phone went dead.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Judi ((hugs)). You are having such a difficult time at the moment. I hope things improve for you soon.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 4th Dec 17, 3:59 PM
    • 3,244 Posts
    • 38,797 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Oh dear Judi, hugs
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 4th Dec 17, 3:59 PM
    • 15,456 Posts
    • 63,793 Thanks
    Judi
    Judi ((hugs)). You are having such a difficult time at the moment. I hope things improve for you soon.
    Originally posted by Hollyharvey
    Tomorrow is a new day
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Gers
    • By Gers 4th Dec 17, 6:23 PM
    • 5,952 Posts
    • 35,472 Thanks
    Gers
    Tomorrow is a new day
    Originally posted by Judi
    Here's hoping it's better for you!

My day was busy. I spent most of it in college doing assessments which was intensely boring yet satisfying. That was until I noticed that I had dated every document (about 24 of them) 04/11/17. Had to go back and change them all!

It was nice being with people for a change. Now it's nice to be on my own again. The woodburner is blazing and I've had some lamb casserole with minty peas and mash. The many bottles of wine are in the small barn and I'm not going out in this weather to get one. Mind you, I want to not have any wine until Christmas...big challenge, and one I may fail at.

I've changed the laces on my winter shoes, they were just about an inch too short for comfort, now they are sorted. Another job I kept on putting off and yet took fewer than five minutes to do.

My hot tea is in my travel thermos mug! It gets cold too quickly here normally - boiling hot to too cold in five minutes flat.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful'ish evening.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 4th Dec 17, 9:10 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 5,558 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Judi I hope tomorrow is better for you too. Many hugs for you tonight though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

32Posts Today

4,200Users online

Martin's Twitter