Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karljt2013
    • By karljt2013 4th Dec 17, 1:08 AM
    • 73Posts
    • 15Thanks
    karljt2013
    No £100 prepaid card from EE, I'm being ignored
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:08 AM
    No £100 prepaid card from EE, I'm being ignored 4th Dec 17 at 1:08 AM
    In early October I saw an EE Broadband offer on moneysavingexpert.com for 18 months broadband and a £100 prepaid card after the first month. I clicked through the link from this site and registered as a new customer. I paid the full 18 months line rental in advance £306.00 safe in the knowledge I was getting this prepaid card. My broadband service went live on October 24th and I have heard absolutely nothing about the £100.00.

over the last ten days I emailed broadbandinfo@myeeoffers.co.uk and have been completely ignored. I haven't heard anything.

What else can I do?
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 590 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    This one?

https://web.archive.org/web/20171003223248/https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#eebb

Get a £100 prepaid Mastercard but you MUST claim it. You'll be sent an email within 30 days of paying your second bill with instructions on how to claim. You must claim within 60 days of receiving this email – you'll then receive your card within 30 days.

They've got time to send you the email yet.
    • macman
    • By macman 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 41,422 Posts
    • 17,043 Thanks
    macman
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    With these deals you usually need to be on supply for around 90 days before they pay out, so it'll be 30 days after your second bill, assuming you put in an immediate claim. Around end of January, depending on your billing cycle.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • benjus
    • By benjus 7th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    • 5,017 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    benjus
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    My EE service went live on October 20th, I got the email about the reward card on November 24th, claimed it immediately, got the card about a week later.

You should check your email spam folder - my email from EE about the reward card ended up in there, despite all their other emails going into my normal inbox. If I were a cynic I might think that they had engineered that deliberately to reduce the number of people claiming the reward.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
    • phillw
    • By phillw 7th Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1,041 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    phillw
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    With these deals you usually need to be on supply for around 90 days before they pay out, so it'll be 30 days after your second bill, assuming you put in an immediate claim. Around end of January, depending on your billing cycle.
    Originally posted by macman
    specifically...

"Get a £100 prepaid Mastercard but you MUST claim it. You'll be sent an email within 30 days of paying your second bill with instructions on how to claim. You must claim within 60 days of receiving this email – you'll then receive your card within 30 days."

If I were a cynic I might think that they had engineered that deliberately to reduce the number of people claiming the reward.
    Originally posted by benjus
    That isn't cynical, that is exactly why they do it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,588Posts Today

8,648Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin