Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WonderlandAlice
    • By WonderlandAlice 3rd Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WonderlandAlice
    Solicitor Fees?
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    Solicitor Fees? 3rd Dec 17 at 9:35 PM
    Hi

Iím looking to buy a new build as a FTB in the new year and am trying to get a list of costs together. We will be buying for around £150k-£180k and using the HTB scheme. I was under the impression solicitor fees would be somewhere between £500 and £1000 but Iíve seen some people are stating much higher costs!

Weíre in the West Midlands, could anyone give me an indication of what to expect?
Page 1
    • JoJo1978
    • By JoJo1978 3rd Dec 17, 9:57 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    JoJo1978
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:57 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:57 PM
    http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/using-solicitor/find-solicitor.page

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

ReallyMoving.com is also a good resource. Good luck with your search!
    Hamster in the wheel (London) 1999-2017
    Mortgage free since 2015; Pension pot sorted 2017
    Second career (what TBD!) 2018
    • WonderlandAlice
    • By WonderlandAlice 3rd Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WonderlandAlice
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    Oh that does look helpful, thank you!
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 4th Dec 17, 12:53 AM
    • 683 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:53 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:53 AM
    Email a few local solictors and ask for a quote, prices can vary quite a lot even in the same town.
    • paulpud
    • By paulpud 4th Dec 17, 9:01 AM
    • 285 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    paulpud
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:01 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:01 AM
    We sold a house a couple of years ago and are in the process of buying one now and found this site very useful:

http://www.homebuyerconveyancing.com/selling-conveyancing-costs

It's a comparison site which, unlike all other similar site I found, doesn't ask for personal details and returns instant quotes from both national and local conveyancers. You click to accept any quote you like the look of and they contact you to proceed.

We too are in the Midlands and the two times we've used this site we've gone with Martin Kaye who have been competitively priced and given us very good service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin