Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 2,406Posts
    • 34,620Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017 3rd Dec 17 at 8:19 PM
    WOOHOO IT IS .....DECEMBER.....

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

So here goes this week:
    Monday ~ Grotty Kitchen and Gloomy Dining Room
    Level One...
    Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the worksurfaces
    Level Two...
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge!Clear and wipe a shelf or window sill
    Level Three...
    Wipe the table and replace the cloth if necessary.
    Sort through and clean out one cupboard
    Clean the oven and hob.. or if you really canít face it how about getting someone in to clean it for you.. I am!!!!
    MAD half hour Ė Sort out gifts for teachers or friends. Do you need to give Christmas Boxes to milkmen, window cleaners etc?I know I need to sort out a Christmas Box for my lovely postman, who is very good and even knows when I am up and about now so he can deliver any parcels

Extras
    • Don't forget any cards and presents posted!
    • Check through Christmas ornaments, do any need throwing away or replacing. Last thing you want when you decorate your tree is to find broken ornaments!!!
    • Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best
    • Wash the windows
    • Clean the top of the kitchen wall units.. if you can reach.. no accidents please!!
    • Dust and Deweb
    • How are you doing with your Nov/Dec pledges? Are we all nearing the finish line?

Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!

Tuesday ~ Luscious Living Room, hallway, stairs
    Level One...

Clear the floor of clutter
    Tidy the baubles and lights on the tree.. OR PUT UP YOUR TREE
    Level Two...
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Wash the windows
    Level Three...
    Wipe the sofas and wash any skanky soft furnishings
    Sort coats, shoes and bags
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs.

Extras
    • Check the smoke alarms
    • Fill a binbag for charity shop
    • Finalise your christmas menu and shopping list
    • Defluff and deweb these rooms

Christmas Extras
    • Stick any cards up..
    • Christmas wrapping, try and get at least a few done
    • Replace the batteries in your annoying singing things, if you have any. Or haven't done what I did last year - threw them in the bin!!!!!
    • Make a receipts envelope for all the receipts from Christmas presents, just incase anything needs to go back

Thursday ~ Master messroom! and landing
    Level One...

Strip the bedding and get it washed!
    Level Two...
    30 minutes floordrobe/junk clearing!
    Vacuum and turn the mattress, vacuum the landing and floor
    Remake the bed
    Clean the windows
    Level Three...
    Wash any curtains/etc that are in need
    Wipe down all the furry paintwork
    Fill a binbag for charity shop or the bin!

Extras
    • HHI
    • Update remaining present lists
    • Collect all the dirty laundry from upstairs
    • Clean out any pets/wash pet bedding
    • Wash some light shades

Christmas Extras
    • Make a timetable for christmas prepartions.. turkey in.. turkey out.. etc
    • Spend 30 minutes just having time for yourself, whatever it is doing, because we probably won't have time next week
    • Chase up any deliveries you are waiting for that have not arrived
    • Update remaining present lists

Friday - Let's play catchy-up
    Level One...

S&S the kitchen and bathroom
    Spend 30 minute pampering yourself!!
    Level Two...
    Catch up the the window washing
    Catch up on the floor mopping/vacuuming
    Catch up on the dewebbing and dusting!
    Level Three...
    Collect ALL the dirty laundry from about the house inc and bedding that needs changing..
    Spend 15 minutes on your filing
    Clean ALL the filters and drawers etc on the kitchen appliances

Extras
    • Wipe down ALL the paintwork you keep putting off
    • Choose a manky kitchen cupboard and make it shine.. the inside.. NOT the outside!
    • Clean out any pets/wash pet bedding
    • Clean the pantry or airing cupboard or understairs cupboard or shed..

Christmas Extras
    • Post all the cards you need to post. Last posting dates are drawing very close.
    • Wipe out the freezer.. defrost if needed!!
    • Straighten the baubles and lights on the christmas tree.. and if you haven't done it.. get it up stop being such a humbug!
    • Write and send christmas cards!!
    • Update remaining present lists!!!
    • Wrap some more presents..
    • Make a timetable for christmas prepartions.. turkey in.. turkey out.. etc!!!
    Last edited by Natty68; 08-12-2017 at 5:23 AM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 4
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 6th Dec 17, 7:21 AM
    • 387 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Good morning,
    Just a quick pop in as yet another jam packed day looms. It does sound as though there are a lot of us chasing our tails and having one thing after another happen. Time for a group hug perhaps.

Jojo - the speed that pheasant left my windscreen yesterday I would defy anyone actually finding it short of outer space! Unfortunately it is a hazard of living where we do. Pheasant and partridge avoidance, and the more than occasional deer, makes the drive to work a challenge sometimes.

I'm out this evening volunteering, but will hopefully make it back on here at some point. There might even be some flying.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 6th Dec 17, 9:00 AM
    • 4,685 Posts
    • 47,196 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    There were three decent sized deer on the dual carriageway this morning at 1.00 am as I left the vet's. Devil Cat whinged all the way there, took his meds with no fuss at all and went a bit silent on the way back. I never worry about whether a cat is ready to go if they've got the energy to whinge and the belief that if they make their feelings known life will change for the better. Everyone's good wishes are obviously keeping the little chap going, so thank you for that.

I chucked everything in the bin after it piled up in the sink unwashed for a week.

No plates, no mugs, no cutlery... I had my mug in my desk, so I was fine.

It never got messy again.
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted
    I love this!

Ionafan, some of that list will have to wait. No-one can do all of that in the time you've got available without exhausting themselves. (((Hugs))) I'm glad the essay if off the desk. Rosie's pawprints just make the place look lived in, by the way.

Really sorry to hear about your husband's job, Lynne and those of all of his colleagues. Horrible time of year for it to happen, as well. Any news on the windows?

I hope the session tomorrow goes as well as one of those sessions can Dizzy. I'll be thinking of you.

It sounds as though a fair few Flyladies are going down with something unpleasant, and any that aren't are trying to do too much, both of which seem to be par for the course in December. *Healing vibes* for everyone feeling under the weather, and that includes Piggers and LW.

I've made huge progress on the endless list, and am very, very happy with the outcome of the Six Thinking Hats excercise. I no longer feel harrassed by the listy, and have a number of things to do by tomorrow evening that will reduce the In Tray considerably, and another pile by Christmas. It think it's do-able but much more importantly because I don't feel I'm drowning in it I feel much better in myself.

Yesterday I surprised myself by fitting in various things I hadn't really intended to do - bread made, oven cleaned, kitchen sink sorted, two new lodgers in, one bribed to go into my office for her last night for a discount because of the late booking and the fact that they're not leaving until Monday and the six week booking person is arriving on Sunday, DW run and emptied, washing folded and put away.

I have a busy day and tomorrow will be as well, but I think I'm ready for them for once.
    Last edited by Honey Bear; 06-12-2017 at 9:05 AM.
    Keeping it AF
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Dec 17, 9:31 AM
    • 36,166 Posts
    • 466,182 Thanks
    pigpen
    Help me...

The guitar daughter.. I got her a pruple thing she will love.. with accessories.. now Lidl have a keyboard in for £90.. do I get her that too???? She can play she just doesn't because I made CF take the enormous old one he got from goodness knows where back to his as we had no room.. It is her birthday on the 19th so I need to cover that too.. She asked me for a guitar cover last night lol.

Twinkle is running about starkers... she loves being naked.. she dashes around squealing and rubbing her tummy.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 6th Dec 17, 9:49 AM
    • 946 Posts
    • 8,260 Thanks
    donnajt
    Morning all - feeling rubbish - pains in my feet unbearable - considering trying to get doctors appointment but already on 3 different painkillers can't see point of going up there again

are we free-flying today as I can't see list?
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 6th Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 2,558 Posts
    • 16,438 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Hi Ladies,

Lynne - I am so, so sorry for the situation your DH is in. Really truly I am, we have been there once before and it was just horrid. Remember we are all here for you, have a big hug, hot brew and plate of cookies from me xx

Iona - Well done on getting that essay in x
    HB - Your post was lovely to read, I am glad the system is working for you x
    Gentle vibes to Valli and "keep on keeping on lass" vibes to Frodders xx
    Dizzy - thinking of you lovely xx

The in-laws have been here the last 3 days.... say no more

They are leaving shortly though so I will get some peace before going back down to school at 2.30 for DD winter fair.

Just about to pay yet another tax bill. Our current account looks totally bare and I have no idea where money has leaked to this past fortnight; it just seems to be a constant round of paying out at the moment.

Has anyone else been looking at the Simplifying Life thread? It has given me a lot of food for thought x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Dec 17, 11:46 AM
    • 36,166 Posts
    • 466,182 Thanks
    pigpen
    Twinkle screamed onmy lap until she was asleep.. hopefully she will feel better after her nap. I am going to get OH's presents wrapped while he is out.. I only have 3 lots left to do then I hope!! lol.

2 items to post, a Next return to arrange and I want to pop in the local cheapy shop and spend £20 on bits of slap for stockings.. they sell good branded makeup for a fraction of the cost.. bourgois nail polish for £1 and rimmel eye liners for 50p.. that should sort the bigger ones out. I need to sort 3 phone upgrades.. and get DS2 new shoes.. I have half a dozen things on my Amazon 'wishlist' which I may or may not get (tassimo tea's for DS3 for example).. and some for next Christmas so I can keep an eye on the prices! ooh.. cheapy rings for DS3.. I need some of those.. and IF I have quids I am heading to Lush and Thorntons.. see what bargains I can conjure.. I have my £118 Quidco money and £90 saved and £200 to come from my mother.. buzzards.. I need to finish her shopping.. I best crack on.. I'm so rubbish at this.. I need to find my list! How Santa gets away with checking it twice is beyond me.. if I don't check mine daily I am screwed!

Cuppa, TD and wrapping.. Flying put firmly on the back burner!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    • 36,166 Posts
    • 466,182 Thanks
    pigpen
    scrap that.. she is awake and screaming already.. *cry*
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 6th Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 33,893 Thanks
    ionafan
    [B] Rosie's pawprints just make the place look lived in, by the way.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Thanks Honey Bear

My achievements so far today:
    - got up, showered and dressed, had breakfast (not in that order )
    - washed up and cleared the kitchen worktops
    - hoovered and steam mopped the kitchen and DR/hallway floors - the footprints had gone by 10.00
    - sat and chatted to my friend while she did my nails - it's my one occasional hour's treat to stay put and do nothing
    - downloaded my Advent calendar, opened all the doors up to today and played one of the games
    - made for DH
    - took Rosie for another walk (so the muddy footprints are back
    - prepped leek and potato soup: we're now waiting for it to be ready to eat
    - made a decision to do gardening this afternoon (yes, I know, it won't really do my nails any good, but DD gave me new gardening gloves for my birthday) and at least plant up the tubs and tie up the rambling rose so that DH can put up the lights on the rose arches. I can write cards and pack up the parcel this evening.

I've made huge progress on the endless list, and am very, very happy with the outcome of the Six Thinking Hats excercise. I no longer feel harrassed by the listy, and ... I don't feel I'm drowning in it I feel much better in myself.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    I am so looking forward to June and the end of my course, then I won't feel I'm drowning, either.

Catch up later x
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 6th Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 2,558 Posts
    • 16,438 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Kiddies collected, winter fair attended and failed miserably at the tombola! Dropped off a couple of outgrown coats at the chazza as well.

My flylady present has been posted and mine has also arrived today

Need to empty TD, make kids dinner then will don my PJs. Might even have a cheeky mid-week vino as well.

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 6th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 4,685 Posts
    • 47,196 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Cards posted to you Natty.

My three day listy has been finished in two! The system works! Everything else that I'd normally be stressing about is in the three weeks or three month category, and that includes the rest of my Christmas cards. I'm not stressing about anything, and am doing the one thing I want to do for an hour or two before going to the flicks this evening.

OH texted from the train, 'Is there anything you want me to buy on the way home?' 'Yes, something quick and easy to eat for tonight.' He's bought lovely things for tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. I heart him.
    Keeping it AF
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 6th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 33,893 Thanks
    ionafan
    Quick update on today's achievements:
    - 4 loads of washing done, TD'd and folded; 1 shirt ironed
    - lawn raked
    - bulbs and polyanthus or wallflowers planted in 5 tubs on patio
    - paperwhite narcissi and dark red hyacinths planted in (separate) bowls
    - took Rosie for another, shorter, walk - no squirrel chasing this time, as it was nearly dark
    - sausage casserole cooked and eaten.

Meanwhile DH sat in his armchair for about 2 hours, then went to the clothes alterations shop, only to find that the lady had gone home early because she wasn't feeling very well, and he's now back in his mancave putting up new shelves (which he hadn't measured before taking them out of the packaging).
    He has, however, bought very expensive tickets for us to go to a concert by The Sixteen in the big city next Monday

The enormous snowman (about 8 feet tall and all lit up) that I can see from my study window has been joined today by an even bigger Christmas tree

Must phone DS2 about presents for the boys.

See you tomorrow x
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 6th Dec 17, 7:31 PM
    • 23,377 Posts
    • 90,884 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Jojo.. it is illegal to pick up a pheasant you have just splatted.. you can pick it up if someone else did the grizzly deed.. otherwise it is classed as poaching.. Deer you can pick up if your car is still safe to drive. My friend regularly scrapes roads for lunch
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Only if somebody spots you hitting it and picking it up.

Help me...

The guitar daughter.. I got her a pruple thing she will love.. with accessories.. now Lidl have a keyboard in for £90.. do I get her that too???? She can play she just doesn't because I made CF take the enormous old one he got from goodness knows where back to his as we had no room.. It is her birthday on the 19th so I need to cover that too.. She asked me for a guitar cover last night lol.

Twinkle is running about starkers... she loves being naked.. she dashes around squealing and rubbing her tummy.
    Depends on what keyboard it is - Make and model number, as they are often there because they're about 5 years behind what you could get for a tenner or so extra somewhere else or don't have weighted keys. A stand specifically made for it and a stool, plus a sustain pedal would also help, as would knowing whether you can just USB it into a laptop for editing.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 6th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 10,051 Posts
    • 108,014 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Lynne (((HUGS))) how worrying for you; Mr LW has been out of work through a contract coming to an end (he was self-employed back then) but neither of us has experienced an employer going into administration. Posi-vibes by the bucket-load for you. x
    Has anyone else been looking at the Simplifying Life thread? It has given me a lot of food for thought x
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    Yes, I've been posting on there - just waiting for *someone* to give me a hard time,though.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 6th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 4,388 Posts
    • 35,780 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

Gym, paid stuff and Christmas shopping with my Mum done. The main focus was to get her sorted but I did manage one or two stocking fillers for mine too. Shattered now.

Keep saying that I will write a to do list but keep putting it off. Might go and do that now. Tomorrow's priority is getting a VAT return submitted, I have left it until the very last day!!!

Pigpen I need to do the cheapy shop run too. Little boxes of branded chocs for £1 etc, good way of padding out pressies.

But no more tonight x
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 6th Dec 17, 8:22 PM
    • 10,114 Posts
    • 24,951 Thanks
    suki1964
    scrap that.. she is awake and screaming already.. *cry*

Off topic, but fantastic to see you posting again xx
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it

still singing, loud and clear
    • Lover of Lycra
    • By Lover of Lycra 6th Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    Lover of Lycra
    Good evening everyone

Tonight I blitzed my bedroom and then I put on some Christmas tunes and finally decorated my tree. I might just be ready in time for my royal (mum) visit this weekend.

• Lover of Lycra
    • By Lover of Lycra 6th Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    Lover of Lycra
    I've been reading the Simpler Life thread too. After having a massive clear out of my flat it really hit home just how much money I have wasted buying crap I don't really want and don't need. If that's the damage I can two in a small two bedroom flat just imagine what I could do with a whole house to myself.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 6th Dec 17, 10:10 PM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 52,470 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Thanks a million for the kind words and support everyone - it really helps feeling people care.

DH has an appointment at the JC for Saturday morning. I managed to get him signed into the on-line job search thing they insist you join and found the latest copy of his CV. Job for tomorrow is to amend with latest developments and upload to site, plus a copy for Saturday.

His monthly pay is really complicated as he is paid all sorts of different allowances and overtime according to hours/times worked. He has been paid basic for November but all these extras are always paid a month in arrears. 'Phoned his HR to see if they could help, as have to put on claim form as owing, but they will have to look into it and I have to 'phone again tomorrow.

Windows are confirmed as going to be replaced this Friday - definitely. So looking like we'll freeze as it's forecast to be coldest day of the year so far

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    Have given the bathroom a good clean
    Checked all the bank accounts and done the monies shuffle
    Last of damp washing finishing drying atm - rest put away or folded for ironing
    Christmas cards started
    Kitchen all put to bed

Flying tomorrow will be dailies and then getting ready for windows. They will be turning up, ready to start, at 8.00am so want to get sorted tomorrow.

Hugs, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a great Thursday
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=2370....DEC=253.93/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1800....DEC=97.40/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=101.44
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=191....DEC=2/15
    SPC130x60...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843.51
    OS WL= -4/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Dec 17, 11:11 PM
    • 36,166 Posts
    • 466,182 Thanks
    pigpen
    Pigpen I need to do the cheapy shop run too. Little boxes of branded chocs for £1 etc, good way of padding out pressies.
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    All was great until I asked DD3 what she wanted for christmas for the 90th time.. a ukelele she says... £15 bargain and jobs a good un.

Off topic, but fantastic to see you posting again xx
    Originally posted by suki1964
    drivelling the same old rhubarb!! lol
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 7th Dec 17, 7:48 AM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 196,496 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Hugs to everyone.
    Sorry I didn't get in yesterday, I was In Work all morning as we had shared staff between two schools because of the staff at other school my friend/governor colleague worked at needing to go to her funeral. Sad day I opted to go in work as others knew her better than me and it was fairer to allow them time for funeral and still keep school going. Afternoon sister came round then in evening I had the joy that is age related bowel cancer screening. Not the most dignified of precedures but I got the all clear apart from being told I have diverticulitis but given a rather confusing leaflet and told it's nothing to worry about. I follow pretty much all the advice anyway so not changing my diet any more as plant based, wholefood and veggie is what I'm happy with.

Today I'm in work all day and have afterschool so won't be around till evening and will try to catch up then.
    Have a good day all x
    Last edited by mrs-moneypenny; 07-12-2017 at 8:18 AM.
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,266Posts Today

7,372Users online

Martin's Twitter