Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 2,402Posts
    • 34,599Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017 3rd Dec 17 at 8:19 PM
    WOOHOO IT IS .....DECEMBER.....

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

So here goes this week:
    Monday ~ Grotty Kitchen and Gloomy Dining Room
    Level One...
    Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the worksurfaces
    Level Two...
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge!Clear and wipe a shelf or window sill
    Level Three...
    Wipe the table and replace the cloth if necessary.
    Sort through and clean out one cupboard
    Clean the oven and hob.. or if you really canít face it how about getting someone in to clean it for you.. I am!!!!
    MAD half hour Ė Sort out gifts for teachers or friends. Do you need to give Christmas Boxes to milkmen, window cleaners etc?I know I need to sort out a Christmas Box for my lovely postman, who is very good and even knows when I am up and about now so he can deliver any parcels

Extras
    • Don't forget any cards and presents posted!
    • Check through Christmas ornaments, do any need throwing away or replacing. Last thing you want when you decorate your tree is to find broken ornaments!!!
    • Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best
    • Wash the windows
    • Clean the top of the kitchen wall units.. if you can reach.. no accidents please!!
    • Dust and Deweb
    • How are you doing with your Nov/Dec pledges? Are we all nearing the finish line?

Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!

Tuesday ~ Luscious Living Room, hallway, stairs
    Level One...

Clear the floor of clutter
    Tidy the baubles and lights on the tree.. OR PUT UP YOUR TREE
    Level Two...
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Wash the windows
    Level Three...
    Wipe the sofas and wash any skanky soft furnishings
    Sort coats, shoes and bags
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs.

Extras
    • Check the smoke alarms
    • Fill a binbag for charity shop
    • Finalise your christmas menu and shopping list
    • Defluff and deweb these rooms

Christmas Extras
    • Stick any cards up..
    • Christmas wrapping, try and get at least a few done
    • Replace the batteries in your annoying singing things, if you have any. Or haven't done what I did last year - threw them in the bin!!!!!
    • Make a receipts envelope for all the receipts from Christmas presents, just incase anything needs to go back

Thursday ~ Master messroom! and landing
    Level One...

Strip the bedding and get it washed!
    Level Two...
    30 minutes floordrobe/junk clearing!
    Vacuum and turn the mattress, vacuum the landing and floor
    Remake the bed
    Clean the windows
    Level Three...
    Wash any curtains/etc that are in need
    Wipe down all the furry paintwork
    Fill a binbag for charity shop or the bin!

Extras
    • HHI
    • Update remaining present lists
    • Collect all the dirty laundry from upstairs
    • Clean out any pets/wash pet bedding
    • Wash some light shades

Christmas Extras
    • Make a timetable for christmas prepartions.. turkey in.. turkey out.. etc
    • Spend 30 minutes just having time for yourself, whatever it is doing, because we probably won't have time next week
    • Chase up any deliveries you are waiting for that have not arrived
    • Update remaining present lists

Friday - Let's play catchy-up
    Level One...

S&S the kitchen and bathroom
    Spend 30 minute pampering yourself!!
    Level Two...
    Catch up the the window washing
    Catch up on the floor mopping/vacuuming
    Catch up on the dewebbing and dusting!
    Level Three...
    Collect ALL the dirty laundry from about the house inc and bedding that needs changing..
    Spend 15 minutes on your filing
    Clean ALL the filters and drawers etc on the kitchen appliances

Extras
    • Wipe down ALL the paintwork you keep putting off
    • Choose a manky kitchen cupboard and make it shine.. the inside.. NOT the outside!
    • Clean out any pets/wash pet bedding
    • Clean the pantry or airing cupboard or understairs cupboard or shed..

Christmas Extras
    • Post all the cards you need to post. Last posting dates are drawing very close.
    • Wipe out the freezer.. defrost if needed!!
    • Straighten the baubles and lights on the christmas tree.. and if you haven't done it.. get it up stop being such a humbug!
    • Write and send christmas cards!!
    • Update remaining present lists!!!
    • Wrap some more presents..
    • Make a timetable for christmas prepartions.. turkey in.. turkey out.. etc!!!
    Last edited by Natty68; 08-12-2017 at 5:23 AM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 3
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 5th Dec 17, 7:52 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 19,047 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    I also have tummy cramps, which kept me awake in the night until I gave in and took some knock-out pain killers. Feel a little washed out this morning.

Glad to hear your niece did well Valli and congratulations on being Slimmer of the Week. My diet failed yesterday with the festive sacrifice of a chocolate reindeer found loitering in my glasses cupboard. I think he may have been hiding...

More painting today. Nearly finished in the fireplace inglenook. Beautiful shade of matt red called Riding Hood. Middle Room is useable, pantry is too, a few tweaks needed in the dining roim, kitchen and lounge but need to paint the back hallway...

Laters xxx
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 5th Dec 17, 8:42 AM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 196,489 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Thank you for the lists natty and Valli
    Re the clearance challenge I've just written cards for 'my' class and stuffed them with the 30 mini stocking I made from the red fleece offcuts that have been lurking in the cupboard of doom for more than a good while. There are now two ladies at the CS shop that know DHs giftaid number off by heart thanks to the recent run of weekly visits and the ironing pile is clear!

This morning I'll mostly be writing Christmas cards and doing the weeks meal cooking. I ly got lunchtime and afterschool club at work today so hopefully will achieve a lot.
    Tomorrow I've got work in the morning then dinner shift my sisters round in the afternoon then I have a hospital appt-not really looking forward to it if I'm honest but needs must.

Massive hugs to you Valli and thanks again for the wool, I made a start knitting some little hats for the scbu last night with the cream in it.

Off to do something, will catch up later. X
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 5th Dec 17, 9:10 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Donna regarding the flea situation, the fleas are becoming immune to the Frontline. I've found Advantage to be very good, and it kills instantly. Also if you can get some Indorex from Amazon, this is a house spray, spray the house etc with this. It lasts 12 months and is very good, I can heartily recommend it. Also if you get it from Amazon it works out half the price of a vets practice. I also get our advantage from VetUK or somewhere like that and it is cheaper than the vets too. Hope this might help you ...
    Originally posted by Natty68
    Hi Natty thank you so much - have ordered Advantage from VetUK and bought the Indorex spray last week - we have spent a small fortune on various treatments this week and i'm getting concerned that we might be damaging poor pepper's natural skin balance although she is her normal happy bouncy self
    Last edited by donnajt; 05-12-2017 at 9:13 AM.
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 5th Dec 17, 9:20 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    I use VetUK and Advantage for my mogs too as frontline doesn't touch them... they reduced the active ingredient so they could sell OTC rather than prescription only and rendered it useless..

Thing is one random flea could have boinged off the soft furnishings onto doggo and be in the process of dying.. it does take a while to clear a household infestation.. definitely more than a few days, as new bugs hatch they jump on doggo and die.. give it time.. and overdosing on flea medication can cause lasting neurological damage so please be careful with it!
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Hi pigpen - advantage ordered - i'm probably being neurotic - its a bit like when your child comes home with headlice the first time and you over ott crazy. I'm really concerned about overdoing it with the flea treatments and its weird no flea dirt on her at all - just recombed her, am wondering if she has come across a headgehog in our garden .... lots of hoovering and cleaning of the filters - more jobs!!! lol
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 5th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Lame Wolf - well done on the cheese - feeling slightly jealous!!!

Valli - big hugs for yesterday and well done on slimmer of the week

Lover of Lycra and Dizzy Imp hope you are both feeling better - I have woken up thick with cold and sore throat - fibro gone up a notch and the hideous shooting pains in the front of my feet have returned - its probably one of the worst fibro pains i get and has kept me away half the night

achieved nothing this morning which is usually my best time am going to try and drag ironing board out and at least polish living room in the next hour
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 5th Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    • 4,677 Posts
    • 47,111 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Well done for Slimmer of the Week, Valli. It's tough not being able to comfort eat when things are difficult.
    *Healing vibes* Narco and Dancemum.
    Welcome WouldBeQMS2 if I haven't said it before.

OH decluttered to London for 36 hours, which means I'll be taking Devil Cat to the vet hospital at 1.30 am to be dosed up with his drugs. I've asked OH not to go again until Devil Cat's situation is resolved because I can't dose him up on my own and this situation will get ridiculous if we're not careful. Fortunately there's a lovely dog walker who does the dog opposite us and she's willing to turn out twice a day to help, but I think the middle of the night as well is pushing it.

So, today, catching up with what hasn't been done that needs to be done urgently. Cat basket down from the attic already, cat blanket and massive towel sprayed with Feliway Classic once already, and I'll do the inside of the car before I go to bed. Alarm already set.

Now paperwork and Christmas cards.
    Keeping it AF
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 5th Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    • 23,353 Posts
    • 90,761 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Thank JoJo. That's the method most of the people on YouTube use as well but for some reason I couldn't get it last night. I had another bash this morning and this attempt was better....much more practice needed.

I've been awake since silly o'clock too gilly1964. Stomach cramps so I've decided to walk to work this morning as the endorphins should help prevent me from wanting to smash all the dishes in the office dishwasher since some people seem to think they are above emptying the bloody thing.

Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.
    Originally posted by Lover of Lycra
    I chucked everything in the bin after it piled up in the sink unwashed for a week.

No plates, no mugs, no cutlery... I had my mug in my desk, so I was fine.

It never got messy again.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 5th Dec 17, 11:29 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    OH decluttered to London for 36 hours
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    so wish my OH and kids would declutter to London for 36 hours
    • Lover of Lycra
    • By Lover of Lycra 5th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Lover of Lycra
    I chucked everything in the bin after it piled up in the sink unwashed for a week.

No plates, no mugs, no cutlery... I had my mug in my desk, so I was fine.

It never got messy again.
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted

I like it and it is very tempting. One day the coffee pots might accidentally get broken when removing them from the dishwasher.
    • Lover of Lycra
    • By Lover of Lycra 5th Dec 17, 11:56 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Lover of Lycra
    Walking to work this morning certainly helped to boost my mood and got rid of a headache. Sorry to hear you're not feeling great today Dizzy and Donna.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 5th Dec 17, 1:45 PM
    • 10,036 Posts
    • 107,800 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Arghhhh

How do you fold fitted sheets? No matter how many YouTube videos I watch I cannot get th hang of folding the bloody things. My cleaner was amazing at it. Maybe I should rethink this flying solo.
    Originally posted by Lover of Lycra
    I was going to reply, but Jojo beat me to it, with a much more succinct answer than I would have managed.
    My feeling is that you never get them *perfect* but a tidyish package that sits nicely in the bedlinen drawer is good enough for me.
    It is ds1's 21st birthday tomorrow.
    Originally posted by dancemum
    Happy 21st to Dancelad
    Mr LW has his nose happily buried in his new Alex cartoon book; it's sort of a tradition that I buy him that every December; he's got all of them going back to 2003, the first December we were together.

I have a WM load of his clothes on the go, but that's about it; and I have to do him a nice dinner tonight. There's also champagne in the fridge for this evening.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 5th Dec 17, 2:09 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 4,488 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Happy birthday to your DS, dancemum.

Well done Valli on slimmer of the week. Not a title I am ever going to aspire to, as another chocolate mini roll finds its way to my clutches...

I'm not sure where my "day off" has gone so far...DD dropped at school after yet another night with minimal sleep - me, not her. This is getting beyond a joke. I snuck into Mr T to get some basics as I needed to take on the bank, which doesn't open until 9.30. The lovely girl in the branch did her best to help me out - far more than her colleagues in so-called Customer Service have managed to date. It's her lucky day now though, as I am going to have to go back in there this afternoon with even more papers and signatures .

While I was on a roll (actually before I bottled out), I came home made 2 calls to different hospitals (helpful ladies, see the pattern??) , and then changed my car insurance. £50 less , and another lovely lady dealing with it. Not sure now why I get myself so worked up about these things.

Absolutely no flying done though . Apart from the WM x1, so now I have yesterday's damp washing as well as today's slightly damper washing hanging indoors. Oh and I killed a kamikaze pheasant that chose to jump out at me on the way home. Luckily this one bounced and didn't damage the car like the last one. I think my day can only get better .
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 5th Dec 17, 3:44 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 16,367 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Checking in v quickly, hope all poorlies feel better soon.

Happy birthday Dancekid and Mr LW xx

Was up alllll night long with DS who was having bad dreams. Went straight to paid stuff after school run; shattered now. MiL has taken DD swimming (thank goodness else we wouldnt have gone) and I am about to have a shower whilst DS watches TV.

Naff all flying done, but at home tomorrow so will do better x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 5th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 23,353 Posts
    • 90,761 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Happy birthday to your DS, dancemum.

Well done Valli on slimmer of the week. Not a title I am ever going to aspire to, as another chocolate mini roll finds its way to my clutches...

I'm not sure where my "day off" has gone so far...DD dropped at school after yet another night with minimal sleep - me, not her. This is getting beyond a joke. I snuck into Mr T to get some basics as I needed to take on the bank, which doesn't open until 9.30. The lovely girl in the branch did her best to help me out - far more than her colleagues in so-called Customer Service have managed to date. It's her lucky day now though, as I am going to have to go back in there this afternoon with even more papers and signatures .

While I was on a roll (actually before I bottled out), I came home made 2 calls to different hospitals (helpful ladies, see the pattern??) , and then changed my car insurance. £50 less , and another lovely lady dealing with it. Not sure now why I get myself so worked up about these things.

Absolutely no flying done though . Apart from the WM x1, so now I have yesterday's damp washing as well as today's slightly damper washing hanging indoors. Oh and I killed a kamikaze pheasant that chose to jump out at me on the way home. Luckily this one bounced and didn't damage the car like the last one. I think my day can only get better .
    Originally posted by Fayolle
    If that happens again,

ALERT - FOR VEGGIES AND VEGANS - DO NOT HIGHLIGHT

take it home, tie a loop around the neck and hang it over a hook in a cold place (no more than 5 Celsius - large fridge, coal hole, old fashioned larder, cold garage, scullery, etc - cover with mesh/a net curtain if there's a chance of wildlife/flying life finding it) for at least 24 hours up to three days. Once the time is up, chop the head and the wings off (scissors will do it) and sit with a bin bag between your legs, the hapless bird dangling in the top and start pulling the feathers out - if they're firmly embedded, you can put it in the sink and tip boiling kettle water over it - once it looks more like something from the supermarket, it's simple to get the insides out via the rear end. Remove the feet and it's ready to roast or portioned up for slightly hysterical pets). If it smells evil, though, chuck it wrapped in two carrier bags (or leave it in the garden for the foxes).

Waste not, want not, I say. Although Himself went a bit pale when I mentioned why you had to be careful to get wild rabbit with the fur on and how simple it was to remove. And he's the one from the darkest depths of the Moors.

Work this morning. Then hospital this afternoon. Meds are being upped by 50% and they found ten minutes to tell me off about not eating properly. Texted Himself, as he's still away and had insisted on a 'Full Update'. And got a gigantic text back telling me off about not eating properly.

Stopped off in middleclass supermarketry on the way home and, despite not wanting anything, forced myself to buy a few things that might help, as I'm having to deal with reduced folate, declining iron, declining Vitamin D, loss of muscle mass, decline in calcium, etc.

I'm currently sipping on hot ginger, whiskey and lemon instead.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 5th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    • 4,381 Posts
    • 35,715 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    JoJo my DS has been told by the hospital consultant that he needs to eat more but he says it's really hard when you dont feel hungry. Hope increasing the meds help you feel better.

Feeling a bit bleugh tonight, possibly anxiety, in fact I hope so because the other possibility is that I am coming down with something. I dont have time to be ill.

DS and GF are putting the tree up. DH is interfering so I have just told him to leave them to it. LR has been swished in a bit of a haphazard way.

Need DH to help me with some paperwork for his business, if he can be persuaded to leave the tree supervising alone.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 5th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    • 4,381 Posts
    • 35,715 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    JoJo my DS has been told by the hospital consultant that he needs to eat more but he says it's really hard when you dont feel hungry. Hope increasing the meds help you feel better.

Feeling a bit bleugh tonight, possibly anxiety, in fact I hope so because the other possibility is that I am coming down with something. I dont have time to be ill.

DS and GF are putting the tree up. DH is interfering so I have just told him to leave them to it. LR has been swished in a bit of a haphazard way.

Need DH to help me with some paperwork for his business, if he can be persuaded to leave the tree supervising alone.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 5th Dec 17, 10:11 PM
    • 36,158 Posts
    • 466,086 Thanks
    pigpen
    Jojo.. it is illegal to pick up a pheasant you have just splatted.. you can pick it up if someone else did the grizzly deed.. otherwise it is classed as poaching.. Deer you can pick up if your car is still safe to drive. My friend regularly scrapes roads for lunch
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 5th Dec 17, 10:20 PM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 19,047 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Evening! Ooh, a double post for me today....go Dizzy!

I laughed out loud at the pheasant destructions Jojo. My kinda gal! I do draw the line at wing stripping by standing on the tail and pulling up though. My DSD says she wants to try this method of processing, but I'm too squeemish. To that end, my poorly hen is still in the crate, having been saved from execution by my desperate tears...

Yorkie - I hope the tree supervision didn't evolve into a family row. It usually does here if my DH sticks his oar in.

I've got a PTSD specialist counselling session on Thursday, so tomorrow I am sure will be a mess of worry, stress, tears and more worry. Wish me luck please! I have a mountain of ironing to do, plus blood tests to attend so hope to be busy.

Hugs to all xxx
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 5th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 5,040 Posts
    • 52,414 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Hope Mr LW and dancemum's DS1 both had fantastic birthdays

Congrats on the slimmer of the week Valli and great news your niece did so well

Good luck with your PTSD session on Thursday Dizzy

Not having a great time atm. I am absolutely full of cold, thick head, slight temp and can't stop sneezing. I suppose I caught it travelling eh.

Last Wednesday, whilst on our hols, my DH received a 'phone call in the early evening from work. It appears his company has gone into administration with immediate effect and he, together with a few thousand more across the UK, have been made instantly redundant. He went into work yesterday to collect his personal effects and some info as to the next procedure. So have spent absolutely ages today reading relevant info, speaking to others on the 'phone and filling in horribly personal forms.

The plumbers turned up this afternoon to sort bathroom taps and problem with loo flush. Had to turn off all the water and it took them one and a half hours to sort it all out and restore water. At least it all seems to be working okay now, fingers xd.

A different chap brought my Mr T order today. Now, usually they are really pleasant and helpful but this one just dumped all the baskets on the floor when I asked him to wipe his feet, and stood outside. So I very slowly emptied them myself. Why do some people have such an attitude ??

Two lots of washing done over last couple of days. Yesterday was stuff that can't be tumble-dried, so was still hanging about as damp. The wash today was things that can be tumbled but then the TD decided to stop working - so all that is now hanging about as well. It's like a Chinese laundry in here atm.

I have managed to give the kitchen a good clean through. WUDUPA and made porridge for the morning. Now the bathroom needs doing after the plumbers - but CBA tonight. Going to have a hot toddy and head for bed, hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Hugs, sticks and spoons for anyone needing some
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday and stay dry
    Lx
    Last edited by lynnejk; 05-12-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=2370....DEC=80.15/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1800....DEC=89.24/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=101.44
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=191....DEC=2/15
    SPC130x60...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843.51
    OS WL= -4/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 5th Dec 17, 11:26 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 33,851 Thanks
    ionafan

Belated Happy Birthday to dancemum's DS1 and Mr LW. Hope it's been a good 'un!

I finally submitted my horrid but interesting essay just after lunch today (having had to take 24 hours off to prepare the talk for the Old Wives, which was very well received yesterday evening) and after taking Rosie for a quick run in the woods I dashed off to college and was almost asleep by the time the lecture ended at 9.20.

This house is filthy after a month of almost zero flying: I need to clean downstairs (including mopping the dog's footprints off the floor) by 10.00 tomorrow as my friend is coming to do my nails, and I have piles of washing waiting to be done. I have work to be done by 9.00 on Sunday morning; 2 parcels to pack and post, bulbs still to plant, letters to write, invitations to write and deliver, upstairs to tidy, a knitted nativity set to sew up (knitted by someone else), a stall to prepare for the Christmas Fair on Saturday, and heaven knows what else is on the list - oh yes, buy some Christmas gifts for the family! I might even be able to persuade DH to put up some Christmas lights before the darkness drives me even more bonkers.

Very sorry to hear about your husband's situation, Lynnejk

I hope you get the help you need on Thursday, Dizzy.

Hang on in there froddy - only a couple of weeks to go, and they will whizz past We will survive to the end of term together

Well done with all the driving, LW

(((Hugs))) all round, as needed, with an extra one for Valli this week. I hope to surface again at least once between now and the end of the month.... x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter