Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrt72
    • By mrt72 3rd Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 42Thanks
    mrt72
    MNPR NTK compliance
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    MNPR NTK compliance 3rd Dec 17 at 8:18 PM
    Hi all

am I right that a NTK needs to have the period of parking section filled in to keep it PoFA compliant?
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    Is this related to your other thread?
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 3rd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    am I right that a NTK needs to have the period of parking section filled in to keep it PoFA compliant?
    Yes see paragraph 7(2)(a) or 8(2)(a) ->
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 3rd Dec 17, 8:35 PM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:35 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:35 PM
    Hi all

Originally posted by mrt72
    Before starting a new thread everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Pofa is covered there together with links to chapter and verse on POFA compliance
    • mrt72
    • By mrt72 3rd Dec 17, 8:40 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    mrt72
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:40 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:40 PM
    "Is this related to your other thread?"

No it's not.

"Before starting a new thread everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Pofa is covered there together with links to chapter and verse on POFA compliance"

I have read the forum from top to bottom, this isn't my first brush with the scammers. I've got letters ready to go but just wanted clarification on one point. The "period of parking" is blank on the NTK, just wanted to check it out; it seemed too good to be true.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 3rd Dec 17, 8:51 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:51 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:51 PM
    See post #3 of your thread for your answer looks like you are in luck
    • mrt72
    • By mrt72 3rd Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    mrt72
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    The last one I dealt with was torpedoed by a complaint letter supplied by the awesome CM, this one looks easier to deal with then! It's not mine, it's for a friend but I knew where to come to sort it
    Last edited by mrt72; 03-12-2017 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Clarity
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    I have read the forum from top to bottom...
    Originally posted by mrt72
    I'm impressed.
    • mrt72
    • By mrt72 3rd Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    mrt72
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    I'm impressed.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    I got very involved in it when dealing with a PCN earlier this year, it was fascinating. The NTK was pretty tight that time so I had to work at it to get it overturned; this one looks like it might be simpler. Even without this error though, their photos are more woefully inadequate than usual. Just shows what a scam it is.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Dec 17, 10:56 PM
    • 15,956 Posts
    • 24,760 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Back to your original question.

Short answer ‘Yes’.

Long answer - you’re going to have to make the case to the 2nd stage appeals assessor very cogently and assertively. If it’s a BPA operator, then there’s a small chance with POPLA - but it will take a super-strong argument. If it’s an IPC operator, then there is no chance with an IAS assessor.

If you make no headway with either, then you may to have to persuade a judge.

My view/advice - don’t rely on this point as any form of slam-dunk.

Which PPC?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mrt72
    • By mrt72 4th Dec 17, 7:59 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    mrt72
    It's UKCPS. I wouldn't appeal through IAS anyway, but it's a nice piece of ammo for further down the road in my view. Waiting to see what evidence they have on request, if it is just what I've seen, they don't have enough to pursue it anyway as far as I can see.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 4th Dec 17, 10:10 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    They have enough - have youread up the shoddy cases so far?
    They file claims with a date, location and amount. Nothign more.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

458Posts Today

2,838Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin