Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 3rd Dec 17, 7:01 PM
    • 76Posts
    • 18Thanks
    fox warrior
    Yahoo disposable address "Base Name"
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:01 PM
    Yahoo disposable address "Base Name" 3rd Dec 17 at 7:01 PM
    Hi, I've a Yahoo .co.uk email address. I'm trying to create a base name for disposable email addressess. "Every" name I choose, no matter how bizare gets the same response. This name is unavailable please try another. It offers other choices based on the name I first tried but "None" of them will work. I Googled and Yahood it to death and can't find a solution so now I'm here. Lots of others are having the same trouble but nobody has come up with an answer yet. My only clue is that it may be to do with it being a .co.uk address and not a .com address. I've logged in as a .com but this didn't help. I would rather be able to create a disposable address rather than go down the line of creating a new .com email account.
    Thanks for reading. Live long & prosper
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 3rd Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    • 18,768 Posts
    • 14,479 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    There are no yahoo.co.uk addresses any more.

See this thread.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Features-and-settings/Change-a-yahoo-com-email-address-to-yahoo-co-uk/td-p/50146
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 3rd Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    fox warrior
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Thanks for the link but it isn't relevant to my post. I've had the .co.uk email address for years.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 3rd Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    Thanks for the link but it isn't relevant to my post. I've had the .co.uk email address for years.
    Originally posted by fox warrior
    I think agrinnall's link is to say you can't create disposable addresses that end in yahoo.co.uk. Previously you used to be able to and then they've changed the system, flogged it to somebody else and basically keep faffing around with it to a point where even Yahoo haven't a clue what you can and can't do with the accounts now.
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 3rd Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    fox warrior
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    I think agrinnall's link is to say you can't create disposable addresses that end in yahoo.co.uk. Previously you used to be able to and then they've changed the system, flogged it to somebody else and basically keep faffing around with it to a point where even Yahoo haven't a clue what you can and can't do with the accounts now.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones
    Thanks for the info. It makes sense.
    • Gillor
    • By Gillor 4th Dec 17, 5:42 AM
    • 660 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    Gillor
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:42 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:42 AM
    Depends how disposable and your privacy requirements but for registering on those unimportant subscriber web sites that want to know everything from what you had for breakfast to your inside leg measurement I use www.mailinator.com
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 4th Dec 17, 8:32 AM
    • 18,768 Posts
    • 14,479 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:32 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:32 AM
    Thanks for the link but it isn't relevant to my post.
    Originally posted by fox warrior
    As explained by Neil it is entirely relevant. But I'm out now, so by all means keep trying to create an address that won't ever be allowed.
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 4th Dec 17, 6:40 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    fox warrior
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:40 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:40 PM
    As explained by Neil it is entirely relevant. But I'm out now, so by all means keep trying to create an address that won't ever be allowed.
    Originally posted by agrinnall

The reason I said it isn't relevant is that I was trying to create a "Base"name, to an already, (up and running for years) .co.uk account, not a new "Email Address". The thread is discussing creating new "Email" addresses not "Base" names for disposable addresses. I read it in the literal sense. Your comment, (There are no yahoo.co.uk addresses any more), didn't make sense to me as it conflicted with the fact that I do indeed have a .co.uk email address as I said in my original post, so I didn't get what you were on about. I don't know if any readers have tried or already know this but if you have a Yahoo .co.uk account, you can log in using .com instead of .co.uk It gets you to the same account, that's why I tried it but it didn't help. The interesting thing here is, you'll love this, the "Base" name that I was trying to create is defaulted to a .com not a .co.uk so even though Yahoo is offering the option of a .com "Base" name, to a .co.uk account, it then won't let you create it. It looks like, if you have a Yahoo.co.uk account / email address, Yahoo simply won't allow you to create a disposable address base name associated to that account / email address "At all", whether it's a .com one as it defaults to, or indeed a .co.uk one, which isn't offered anyway. Thanks to everyone for the help. I think we all have a better understanding of the issue now. I think Neil Jones hit the nail on the head with his post, number 4, " Previously you used to be able to and then they've changed the system, flogged it to somebody else and basically keep faffing around with it to a point where even Yahoo haven't a clue what you can and can't do with the accounts now".
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 4th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    • 18,768 Posts
    • 14,479 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    I know I said I was out, but I thought I'd have one more try: while my post itself was short on detail, the link tells you exactly what the problem is, and is, as I said, entirely relevant.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 4th Dec 17, 9:44 PM
    • 5,671 Posts
    • 2,609 Thanks
    LeeUK
    One good tip is to get your own domain and set up catch-all email, then when you register to a site use [sitename]@mydomain.com then you can find out who is has flogged your address to spammers in the future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

458Posts Today

2,838Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin