Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • singhini
    • By singhini 3rd Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 216Posts
    • 138Thanks
    singhini
    SPVC64Loader.dll
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    SPVC64Loader.dll 3rd Dec 17 at 5:58 PM
    McAfee keeps telling me the file SPVC64Loader.dll is spyware and I should delete it, however everytime I click delete the wheel thing keeps going around but nothings happening?

Any idea how else to delete this file
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 3rd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,468 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    Its running you cannot just delete it, you need to stop it running first.

Probably embedded into your browser and hosts file also.
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 03-12-2017 at 6:28 PM.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 3rd Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 4,123 Posts
    • 2,258 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    If mcafee isn't deleting it for you try the free version of Malwarebytes.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 1,975 Posts
    • 2,486 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spvc64loader.dll&oq=spvc64&aqs=chrome.1.6 9i57j0j69i61j0l2.6986j0j7&client=tablet-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
    • singhini
    • By singhini 3rd Dec 17, 11:07 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    singhini
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:07 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

After posting this thread I closed everything and reopened McAfee and ran a full scan (it has only just finished).

So 5 hours and 5mins later it is now saying everything is fine.

Thanks for everyone's help (I'm not computer techie and so panic whenever I see messages like this).
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 4th Dec 17, 9:10 AM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,468 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:10 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:10 AM
    McAfee lol. You trust that??

It may have found that one but why did it allow it onto your system in the first place?
    I wonder what else you have on the system.

Dump McAfee now...
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

• singhini
    • By singhini 4th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    singhini
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    McAfee lol. You trust that??

It may have found that one but why did it allow it onto your system in the first place?
    I wonder what else you have on the system.

Dump McAfee now...
    Originally posted by forgotmyname

I totally agree McAfee is pants (I posted a thread a few weeks ago about changing it but haven't yet due to the fact when I bought my laptop 3 years ago I bought McAfee with it). The 3 years is coming to an end around Christmas week and so I will uninstall it and think I will buy Norton instead).
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 4th Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 1,142 Posts
    • 624 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    I totally agree McAfee is pants (I posted a thread a few weeks ago about changing it but haven't yet due to the fact when I bought my laptop 3 years ago I bought McAfee with it). The 3 years is coming to an end around Christmas week and so I will uninstall it and think I will buy Norton instead).
    Originally posted by singhini
    Don't buy Norton! Are you a masochist? Just use the Microsft one - built on Defender in Windows 10, Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 5th Dec 17, 3:19 AM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,468 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:19 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:19 AM
    When i setup a new laptop or shop built system the first thing i do i remove McAfee.

A while back i have a spate of infected machines and they all had 2 things in common, McAfee and Limewire.

Currently just using Win 10 inbuilt stuff, one bonus no lag. But its getting smarted and find the files i know to be dodgy. I have to keep replacing them and making harder for them to be detected.

I did put Avast onto my Win10 initially, but it was laggy. New 8core16Thread 16GB system also.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

51Posts Today

4,075Users online

Martin's Twitter