Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • finningham
    • By finningham 3rd Dec 17, 5:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    finningham
    Gas boiler repair help
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:10 PM
    Gas boiler repair help 3rd Dec 17 at 5:10 PM
    I need help and fast.
    My gas boiler Glow Worm Spacesaver mk2 won't relight pilot light.
    Turned off and on several times but still won't light.
    My problem other than no heating or hot water is that I am on universal credit and have very limited money for repair.
    Looking at call out is approx £70 to £120 which I just do not have if I need to get repaired.
    Any help or advice other than ask universal credit for help as that is a no chance.
Page 1
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 3rd Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    • 35,720 Posts
    • 45,992 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    British gas do a flat fee one off repair for less than 100. Have a look at their website
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • imho
    • By imho 3rd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 2,449 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    imho
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2893710
    • venison
    • By venison 3rd Dec 17, 11:19 PM
    • 1,359 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    venison
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:19 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:19 PM
    About 4 years ago we used BG for a flat fee for one repair of £99 BUT we had to take out cover with them for what was then £20 a month.
    I am now a Board Guide on the Credit card board and the Loan board and Benefits board (But give me time to learn the ropes thanks).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,674Posts Today

5,894Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin