Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DeadSonRisingxD
    • By DeadSonRisingxD 3rd Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DeadSonRisingxD
    Capital One upped my credit limit but can not access it?
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    Capital One upped my credit limit but can not access it? 3rd Dec 17 at 2:20 PM
    Hey guys,

I logged into my Capital One account today, I see that they have upped my limit from £200 to £800.
    I took the card out this January. 5 consecutive months out of the 11 months I hadn't used the card at all with the balance at £0. Only in the last few months I have started using it again with the usage at about 75-80% ish each month, with only minimal payment being made. Although i planned to start paying off, I have already had my limit increased. I'm just wondering why I have had a increased given all above.

Also, even though limit is £800, my available balance is showing my old limit, so a bit confused why I've been given the limit but locked from using it?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks, Ryan.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    • 14,337 Posts
    • 15,097 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    When did they say they would increase your limit from?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 3rd Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12,652 Posts
    • 11,984 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    Just be thankful you cant get into more debt.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • A4445
    • By A4445 3rd Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    A4445
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    Give them a call and ask, their customer service agents are always quite helpful.
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 4th Dec 17, 12:54 AM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,738 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:54 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:54 AM
    Customers reliably paying the minimum each month they have a balance due are the most attractive to them, due to the interest they make out of you. Do pay each statement balance in full if you possibly can.

They also have a secure message facility on their website if you wish to contact them that way.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • DeadSonRisingxD
    • By DeadSonRisingxD 6th Dec 17, 2:36 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DeadSonRisingxD
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:36 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:36 AM
    Hey everyone, after a couple of days posting this, my credit limit has now been accessible to £800. Maybe there was a processing time? Thank you for your responses. @Kim_13 when I have had a balance I have only paid the minimum as so far. Not for long is the plan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,010Posts Today

6,195Users online

Martin's Twitter