Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • phonefax
    • By phonefax 3rd Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    phonefax
    Very old Egg account ppi claim
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    Very old Egg account ppi claim 3rd Dec 17 at 1:56 PM
    I am 73 of age and after seeing all of the tv documentaries about PPI, 3years ago I made a successful claim (albeit small), the claim was handed over to the Financial Services who completed the claim.This went back to the late eighties.

Very recently I have seen references to claiming possible PPI from Egg which jogged my slowly deteriorating memory about the Egg accounts I signed up for when EGG first started many many years ago.

These accounts were both closed many years ago and wondered if it is worth opening a claim. I am pretty sure I was paying protection.

I have no information at all regarding these accounts. If anyone can advise please, I would be most grateful... Thank you
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 5,173 Thanks
    -taff
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    Send a SAR and £10 to Canada Square Operations to see what info they have left.

If they were still ope when Barclaycard bought Egg cedit cards, you send it to them
    • phonefax
    • By phonefax 3rd Dec 17, 3:38 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phonefax
    • 3rd Dec 17, 3:38 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 3:38 PM
    Thank you for the comments however I got rid of the cards and other documentation years ago when moving house
    • phonefax
    • By phonefax 3rd Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phonefax
    • 3rd Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    I dont quite know how the SAR form works when they are asking for account numbers which I dont have, there is no option to mention Egg so I would imagine the for will not allow you to complete without this information, or maybe I am being a little silly
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 3rd Dec 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,715 Posts
    • 3,961 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:21 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:21 PM
    No need for SAR,

Go here, https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do and use the PPI Checker Enquiry form.

About 2 weeks time you will get a letter saying whether you had PPI and the account number.

You then fill in, either on-line or printed out form, the PPI Questionnaire and see what happens.

I've just received around £1300 after doing this for a card I had years and years ago (refunded all premiums of abut £500, the rest from interest).
    Last edited by RichardD1970; 03-12-2017 at 5:23 PM.
    • phonefax
    • By phonefax 3rd Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phonefax
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    Thanks for that, it sounds promising although asking for the account number maens I will fall at the first fence. I will have a look and let you know how I get on.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 3rd Dec 17, 6:16 PM
    • 35,722 Posts
    • 45,995 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:16 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:16 PM
    You will also need proof of any miss sellong to back up your complaint.

You dont get it back just because you paid it
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 3rd Dec 17, 6:23 PM
    • 2,715 Posts
    • 3,961 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:23 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:23 PM
    Thanks for that, it sounds promising although asking for the account number maens I will fall at the first fence. I will have a look and let you know how I get on.
    Originally posted by phonefax
    You don't need account numbers, the first form you fill in is just name, address at the time you were paying PPI and D.O.B. There is a box for account number but if you don't know then leave it blank and they will find it for you.

The second form is also quite straight forward mainly asking about your employment and financial status at the time. I did it online in about 5 mins.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Dec 17, 6:31 PM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 5,173 Thanks
    -taff
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:31 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 6:31 PM
    Follow Richards advice then, I didn't know they did that on their site, much easier.

A SAR doesn't need the account numbers, what it asks for is all the information they hold or still have on you using your name and any previous/current addresses you had while you had credit with them.
    If you bought the card online, there was a slim chance that it was between certain dtaes when the box was pre ticked, but no one knows definitively when that was, i think it's between 1999 and 2001 ish....

However, I had a successful complaint against Egg,, so it can be done.
    • sun73
    • By sun73 3rd Dec 17, 9:38 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    sun73
    Yes, any accounts back to 1999 and going forward, then Citi/Canada Square/Egg will probably find your details with just a SAR.

For accounts pre-1999 unless you are still a customer, they cannot /will not search their archives without a reference number. Citi said they could not locate my loan from 1995.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

656Posts Today

4,804Users online

Martin's Twitter