Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nhtip
    • By nhtip 3rd Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nhtip
    Cunningham Lindsey
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    Cunningham Lindsey 3rd Dec 17 at 1:22 PM
    I have had to make a claim for item that were stolen and broken/damaged during work being done by the council on my leasehold property.
    At the time it was reported to the company doing the work who told me not to report it to the police as they would handle matters.
    They stopped doing work for the council. The Council refuse to acknowledge anything damage was done or that any workers would have done this. As such I have since reported it to the police.
    My insurance company are saying because of the time (6 months) and fact that the Council wont confirm the details they are sending out Loss Adjusters because of the unusual circumstances.
    I have already provided any photos or proof of owners i have and the correspondence from the police on the matter.
    what am i going to do? i have seen a lot of issues with this company being very hard to deal with and anti claimant
Page 1
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 3rd Dec 17, 1:38 PM
    • 1,944 Posts
    • 3,084 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:38 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:38 PM
    what am i going to do?
    Originally posted by nhtip
    You're going to give them undeniable proof of your loss and what you're claiming - they'll have seen every scam going and they'll look for inconstancies in your story/claim.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

5,958Users online

Martin's Twitter