Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robbatson
    • By robbatson 3rd Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    robbatson
    What do I do? Need help...
    • 3rd Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    What do I do? Need help... 3rd Dec 17 at 12:21 PM
    Hello,

Last Thursday, just as the Black Friday deals began, I found an amazing deal for £75.00 off a camera that I wanted and then you got a free gift as well. This was from argos.co.uk.

I received the camera on Friday and was so happy to have it but there was one problem, the free gift didn't come because it wasn't 'In Stock'. When ordering it said to contact them in 48 hours and they will send the free gift in the delivery for free. I did this and the following events happened...

* I emailed them 48 hours after delivery and they said that I should contact the provider, Nikon, about this offer because it was not to do with Argos.co.uk.
    ** After contacting Nikon, who was more than helpful, they told me that this deal was to do with the seller and not the provider
    *** After contacting back argos.co.uk I was told that this bag will be back 'In Stock' in 72 hours (Message sent Monday so back in stock for Thursday) but when I checked on Thursday argos.co.uk have now decided to delete this product off their website
    **** I messaged them asking what has happened and they said that I could choose a similar bag with the same things in but there is none on their website. I messaged them to ask this with the first customer assistant saying there was but the second telling me there wasn't.

WHAT CAN I DO? I am not happy with Argos as I could have bought this from a different provider at the same cost and got the money off and then the free gift as well.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Rob
Page 1
    • jtalep
    • By jtalep 3rd Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jtalep
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    Hi Rob

Apart from the inconsistent customer service advice, I'm not sure there is much you can do unfortunately. As with any free gift it's almost always 'subject to availability'. Around Black Friday I'd always be wary of free gifts with popular items, because the likelihood of receiving it can be significantly reduced.

If you're happy with the camera and you got it for a good price, which it seems you did, you might just have to be content with that and accept it as a lesson learned.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 3rd Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    • 3,201 Posts
    • 8,857 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    Their site is showing availability for cases for both the Nikon bridge and DSLR cameras to purchase online. Try their site and then customer service again.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Dec 17, 2:12 PM
    • 18,576 Posts
    • 47,820 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:12 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:12 PM
    Their site is showing availability for cases for both the Nikon bridge and DSLR cameras to purchase online. Try their site and then customer service again.
    Originally posted by LilElvis
    And take screenshots if this is the same deal you purchased.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 3rd Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 35,718 Posts
    • 45,989 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    Please can someo e tell me how to take a screen shot . I have a Samsubg tablet and phone
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 3rd Dec 17, 9:11 PM
    • 15,635 Posts
    • 11,437 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:11 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:11 PM
    Google is your friend
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Dec 17, 1:16 AM
    • 4,780 Posts
    • 3,129 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:16 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:16 AM
    Please can someo e tell me how to take a screen shot . I have a Samsubg tablet and phone
    Originally posted by McKneff
    Try the Techie board.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 4th Dec 17, 7:04 AM
    • 3,446 Posts
    • 5,886 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:04 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:04 AM
    Originally posted by McKneff
    Just press the home button and the power button at the same time, the image should be added to your photos folder.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 4th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 35,718 Posts
    • 45,989 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    Thank you fosterdog for your help.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,248Posts Today

6,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin