Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 3rd Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 2,559Posts
    • 2,654Thanks
    LadyDee
    Samsung Tab 3, help with App please
    • 3rd Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    Samsung Tab 3, help with App please 3rd Dec 17 at 9:55 AM
    I downloaded my banking app to my tablet to check something.

To get into my a/c requires an id, a password (and then digits from memorable information).

I just opened the app this morning to find both my id and password already input.

The little tick box beneath my password is not ticked to save. I tried deleting them, but when I opened the app again they are still there.

I cannot work out what I need to do to permanently delete them so would be pleased if somebody can help please.
Page 1
    • tonygold
    • By tonygold 3rd Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    tonygold
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    I downloaded my banking app to my tablet to check something.

To get into my a/c requires an id, a password (and then digits from memorable information).

I just opened the app this morning to find both my id and password already input.

The little tick box beneath my password is not ticked to save. I tried deleting them, but when I opened the app again they are still there.

I cannot work out what I need to do to permanently delete them so would be pleased if somebody can help please.
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    might help if you say what banking app you're using.
    mine is lloyds and TSB and you definitely have to input 3 random digits from you're password to enter the app.
    i wouldn't want my banking app left open for anyone picking up my phone to have access to.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 3rd Dec 17, 10:14 AM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 2,654 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:14 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:14 AM
    might help if you say what banking app you're using.
    mine is lloyds and TSB and you definitely have to input 3 random digits from you're password to enter the app.
    i wouldn't want my banking app left open for anyone picking up my phone to have access to.
    Originally posted by tonygold
    Neither would I, that's why I'm trying to delete my password and id!

It's a setting somewhere on the tablet that I need to change I think, nothing to do with the particular app - doubt it anyway. (it's Halifax).
    • tonygold
    • By tonygold 3rd Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    tonygold
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    if you are using the Chrome browser that has a setting to save passwords so check within that.
    if its only happening in the app (not via the browser) in my Lloyds app under settings there is an option to log off when exiting the app. this means that when you re-open the app you have to log in again to access it.

the menu button to access settings for your app is usually top right corner of the signed in app and is signified by 3 horizontal lines which is how you access the menu.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 3rd Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 2,654 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    if you are using the Chrome browser that has a setting to save passwords so check within that.
    if its only happening in the app (not via the browser) in my Lloyds app under settings there is an option to log off when exiting the app. this means that when you re-open the app you have to log in again to access it.

the menu button to access settings for your app is usually top right corner of the signed in app and is signified by 3 horizontal lines which is how you access the menu.
    Originally posted by tonygold
    I'm using Opera. None of my other apps are automatically signed in when I open them.

Went into my a/c, there are no lines but there is a padlock which I tapped and it said I had logged out. Success I think - uh no. Closed app, opened it again and my id and password are there.

This is crazy. I know the 3 character requirement isn't prefilled and would be difficult for anybody to guess, but it is still concerning. Think I'll just delete the app!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

220Posts Today

1,341Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin