Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lambert91
    • By lambert91 3rd Dec 17, 8:30 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lambert91
    TSB switch completion date
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:30 AM
    TSB switch completion date 3rd Dec 17 at 8:30 AM
    Hello,

I am filling out the form to switch to TSB for the £130 bonus. On the MSE site it says it must be switched by 22nd Dec (not sure if this means start of the switch or completion). On the TSB website I remember it mentioning about starting the switch no later than 4pm on the 14th to allow for it to be complete by the 22nd. What is the latest switching date I can put on the TSB form?

Thanks
Page 1
    • smudge2006
    • By smudge2006 3rd Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    smudge2006
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    Yep 14th would be the latest. But is there any reason to wait?
    Premier League Baby!
    • lambert91
    • By lambert91 3rd Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lambert91
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    I have just completed the switch form and put the switch date as 21/12 so fingers crossed that means the completion date and not the start of the switch.

Thanks
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 3rd Dec 17, 12:30 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 37,995 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 3rd Dec 17, 12:30 PM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 12:30 PM
    The switch date is the date that your old bank account closes and all the DDs, SOs move over to your new account.
    The process from start to finish takes 7 days.

In that time you should receive a letter from your 'new' bank listing all the payments.
    Make sure that if t&cs require 2 x DDs outgoing to fulfil earning interest that they are on the list. It's at that point you have a chance to chase things up! (Hopefully you won't have to do this... but there's a slim chance.)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter