Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hassanff9
    • By hassanff9 3rd Dec 17, 12:28 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hassanff9
    Note 7 refund
    • 3rd Dec 17, 12:28 AM
    Note 7 refund 3rd Dec 17 at 12:28 AM
    Dear All

So I was one of those unlucky people who bought the Note 7, was a big fan of the previous notes. I still have it now I wanted some advice.
    Samsung will give me a small refund, but vodafone says they won't cancel my contract.

Isnt this breach of contract the faulty phone by samsung? can anyone advise please?
Page 1
    • john22
    • By john22 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 AM
    • 279 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    john22
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 AM
    Dear All

So I was one of those unlucky people who bought the Note 7, was a big fan of the previous notes. I still have it now I wanted some advice.
    Samsung will give me a small refund, but vodafone says they won't cancel my contract.

Isnt this breach of contract the faulty phone by samsung? can anyone advise please?
    Originally posted by hassanff9
    Strange post considering the phone recall happened well of a year ago and that would have been the best time to get the phone replaced. You aren't really unlucky considering if you had the option of giving the phone back and not being out of pocket.
    • d123
    • By d123 3rd Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    • 6,739 Posts
    • 4,302 Thanks
    d123
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    Strange post considering the phone recall happened well of a year ago and that would have been the best time to get the phone replaced. You aren't really unlucky considering if you had the option of giving the phone back and not being out of pocket.
    Originally posted by john22
    Agreed, anyone with a Note 7 was given the option of an alternative phone (and compensation iirc) or a full refund when the recall process was in progress.

The OP has no one to blame but themselves.
    ====
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 3rd Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1,387 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    If Samsung are offering anything 14 months after the recall I'd snatch their hands off. Your contract with Vodafone is separate.
    • Swipe
    • By Swipe 9th Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Swipe
    • 9th Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    • 9th Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    I think this thread is a wind up
    • gycraig
    • By gycraig 10th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    gycraig
    • 10th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    So you completely ignored a safety recall for a year and you are now annoyed that Vodafone won’t just cancel your contract because you now decided you want a new phone ?

Must be a wind up ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,510Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter