Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Saipan
    • By Saipan 2nd Dec 17, 11:16 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 256Thanks
    Saipan
    Electrical / Plumbing Verbal Quote
    • 2nd Dec 17, 11:16 PM
    Electrical / Plumbing Verbal Quote 2nd Dec 17 at 11:16 PM
    Hoping for some advice...thanks in advance.

I have been verbally quoted £750 for the following electrical and plumbing work - awaiting a written breakdown but just looking for feedback as to whether it seems fair?

The work is made up of:

Diagnose and repair problem with shower pump, which the plumber says sounds as if it could be because air is trapped and suspects might be due to valve issues in the cold water tank (I accept the quote might change depending upon what he finds)

Fit 2 wall lights in bathroom with new light switch fitted on landing (I will supply the lights)

Diagnose and repair problem with 2 of 6 spotlights in bathroom with new light switch fitted on landing and old pull cord and fitment removed and area made good

Diagnose and repair problem with 2 of 12 spotlights in bedroom (these and the ones in the bathroom haven't worked since I had the ceilings replastered and the plasterer pulled them away from the ceiling while he worked)

Supply and fit 4 new socket covers, one dimmable

Supply and fit 1 heat alarm and 1 smoke alarm

Supply and fit 1 replacement light under kitchen cabinet

Fit new mixer tap for kitchen sink (I will supply the tap)

I live in North West England.

Many thanks for any help
    Last edited by Saipan; 02-12-2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Typo
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

8,380Users online

Martin's Twitter