Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Teatimehorses
    • By Teatimehorses 2nd Dec 17, 7:05 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Teatimehorses
    Euro car parks pcn
    • 2nd Dec 17, 7:05 PM
    Euro car parks pcn 2nd Dec 17 at 7:05 PM
    I received a PCN today from euro car parks stating I overstayed my 3 hours on a local car park I did enter the car park in the morning but there was nowhere to park so did not even get to park my car they have presented me with 2 pics of my car reg saying it was parked for over 5 hours I would never shop for 5 hours as I hate shopping do I ignore notice or complain I am so annoyed as I am not paying when my car was not parked there I only drove in and straight back out once in the a.m. please can someone give me some advice.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 3,166 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 2nd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    Did you visit that same car park later the same day?

Anyway, at this stage the advice is always the same:

Have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    In post #1 of that thread you will find two template appeals.
    Send the appropriate appeal to the ECP.
    Last edited by KeithP; 02-12-2017 at 7:13 PM.
    • Teatimehorses
    • By Teatimehorses 2nd Dec 17, 7:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Teatimehorses
    • 2nd Dec 17, 7:30 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 7:30 PM
    Yes visited car park in morning couldn’t park as full same later in the day they obviously have not logged the exit and entry in between.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 15,964 Posts
    • 24,779 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    Appeal as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 (blue text version). Just send it as it is.

Then when you get your rejection and POPLA Code you can construct a winning appeal to POPLA.

Do you have any evidence that the vehicle was elsewhere in the intervening period? Maybe a parking ticket with its VRM showing on it that might have been purchased in another car park?

Another appointment elsewhere? At work?

Do you have a smartphone, many track movements? Lots of scenarios to consider and explore for potential evidence.

Do a Google search on ‘Parking Prankster Double Dip’ to read about how widespread this appalling lack of diligence is with parking companies.

At least ParkingEye do a 19-point check to avoid ‘double dip tickets’.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,141Posts Today

7,052Users online

Martin's Twitter