Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LydiaJ
    • By LydiaJ 2nd Dec 17, 12:16 PM
    • 7,569Posts
    • 69,104Thanks
    LydiaJ
    Bereavement support website
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:16 PM
    Bereavement support website 2nd Dec 17 at 12:16 PM
    As some of you may know, a new bereavement charity has started up this year, called At a Loss (www.ataloss.org). Now, you may wonder why on earth yet another bereavement support service is needed, when there are hundreds in this country already, but AtaLoss isn't going to provide services itself. Instead, it does for bereavement support what MSE does for mortgages or loans or savings accounts etc. The website has four simple questions - the age bracket of the bereaved person, who they've lost, how they lost them, and where in the country they live. It then provides a filtered list of organisations, ordered by relevance.

I thought this board might be a good place to let people know about it.
    Tyre performance in wet conditions deteriorates rapidly when they get below about 3mm - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are approaching illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
Page 1
    • SevenOfNine
    • By SevenOfNine 2nd Dec 17, 3:51 PM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 1,125 Thanks
    SevenOfNine
    • 2nd Dec 17, 3:51 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 3:51 PM
    Thank you Lydia.

The one I use is listed there, this type of help can be a lifeline to direct a bereaved person more easily to some help from those 'in the same boat', where there is empathy as opposed to sympathy.

We have a little bereavement group, monthly meetings locally. So I have sent the link to the organisers so they can see how to get their Facebook & webpage added.

Much appreciated.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
    • Doveling
    • By Doveling 5th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 7,211 Thanks
    Doveling
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    Thank you very much.

Could this have a sticky on it?
    Not dim .....just living in soft focus
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,772Posts Today

7,373Users online

Martin's Twitter