Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sgrams
    • By sgrams 2nd Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sgrams
    co-own land I want to sell the other no response
    • 2nd Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    co-own land I want to sell the other no response 2nd Dec 17 at 11:57 AM
    Please help, I am the executor of my late mothers land left to myself and brother, she died almost four years ago. I want to sell the land and have a buyer willing to pay more than its value, it joins his land. My brother said he would agree to the sale but has since, over 11 months, not answered any communications by myself or the lawyer, certified mail has been returned and private delivery has been unsuccessful. He lives a distance from me and has some problems.

I read on this forum, (as a new poster I am not allowed to place the link), where the executor is able to sell the land without the co-owners consent, my brother will not buy me out.

Is it true as executor of the will I can force the sale without the co-owner signature? .

The lawyer has has personal losses and I feel he is being too time consuming though I appreciate his completeness of detail.

Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by sgrams; 02-12-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: lawyer issues
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter