Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Timewaits
    • By Timewaits 2nd Dec 17, 10:27 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Timewaits
    Deposit left..no show.
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:27 AM
    Deposit left..no show. 2nd Dec 17 at 10:27 AM
    Hello everyone.
    I sold a car two weeks ago he left a deposit for £500 and he filled the log book out but I kept it. Reason he filled out log book he said he had to arrange a lorry to collect as it was going straight to docks and going abroad. I wrote him out a receipt gave him a copy and he went on his way. Seemed nice chap.
    Two weeks later he still has not collected. I texted him to ask if he knew when it will be collected he didn't reply to texts I then called him Monday and he said he had gone away and was only back today and he will arrange collection and he is waiting for transfer of money from abroad as he is buying it on someone else's behalf.and looking at info on the car. Which is odd because we discussed all this at my home and he was happy and it had no paperwork as it was lost again he was happy with this.
    I phone him again yesterday given the time scale he should have organised something he said he will get straight onto the person he's buying it for and call me with in the hour that was 6.30 last night and still havent heard. I also sent a text shortly after to say I can't keep the car forever on hold and will have to sell it on if he doesn't make arrangemenarrangements pretty soon.
    I feel two weeks is ample time to arrange collection I feel he is mucking me about amd for the best part ignoring me. Not sure were I stand on this do I wait a bit longer. Do I sell it on again and his deposit of £500 is cash what do i do with that he lives 3 hours away from me.
Page 2
    • just trying
    • By just trying 2nd Dec 17, 10:16 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 2,762 Thanks
    just trying
    What did you write on the receipt ?.
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER 098
    WILL SAVE ATLEAST £500!.
    • macman
    • By macman 3rd Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 41,418 Posts
    • 17,039 Thanks
    macman
    How much does the £500 represent as a proportion of the total price? 10%? Is the car really so rare that it's worth shipping to Thailand for dear old uncle? I would also suspect a scam whereby the balance payment will fail-how is he paying?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 3rd Dec 17, 4:59 PM
    • 15,153 Posts
    • 13,582 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    Unlikely to be a scam, as at the moment the alleged scammer is £500 down .
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 3rd Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 11,059 Posts
    • 6,279 Thanks
    DUTR
    Unlikely to be a scam, as at the moment the alleged scammer is £500 down .
    Originally posted by maninthestreet
    The alleged scammer to be is £500 down, however the OP still has a car to sell, and many sale opportunities have now passed, then there can be a change in the sale price in favour of the buyer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,042Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter