Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clare123456
    • By Clare123456 2nd Dec 17, 8:07 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Clare123456
    Canceled cable/ now selling TV/ advice needed
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:07 AM
    Canceled cable/ now selling TV/ advice needed 2nd Dec 17 at 8:07 AM
    I would like to sell my TV (bought in 2008). This is the description:

1) Toshiba Regza 32CV510U 32” THINLINE 720p LCD HDCineSPEED

It also includes a

2) jWIN JDVD509 5.1 Channel Progressive Scan DVD Player w/Karaoke

3) and a TV stand

(all in great condition).

How much do you think I could get for all three? I live in the US, so suggestions based on the US market would be appreciated (not sure if this is an international forum).
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 2nd Dec 17, 8:15 AM
    • 9,941 Posts
    • 4,094 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:15 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:15 AM
    NO its a UK forum .
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 2nd Dec 17, 8:25 AM
    • 1,972 Posts
    • 2,483 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:25 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:25 AM
    Sorry, this is a UK only forum. Considering the age of the TV that would be a giveaway/skip.
    TV stand free with the TV. No intrinsic value

As you can now get Blu Ray players for under £40 then £10 for the player if you are lucky. From what I can find jWin appears to be a budget brand.

I would be surprised if the US market is any better
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 2nd Dec 17, 8:36 AM
    • 30,399 Posts
    • 19,220 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:36 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:36 AM
    See if you can the items on local selling sites and how much they went for but only recently sold stuff.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 2nd Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    • 1,380 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    Find your local charity shop and see if they can accept electrical goods. They'll usually pick up if you can't transport.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 2nd Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 8,606 Posts
    • 5,093 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    Find your local charity shop and see if they can accept electrical goods. They'll usually pick up if you can't transport.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

Ours said they were not allowed to take any electrical appliances which were over 5 years old, for safety reasons.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 2nd Dec 17, 2:49 PM
    • 1,972 Posts
    • 2,483 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:49 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:49 PM
    Ours said they were not allowed to take any electrical appliances which were over 5 years old, for safety reasons.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    The yanks can't be that worried about safety considering their gun laws (or lack of them)
    • Clare123456
    • By Clare123456 2nd Dec 17, 4:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clare123456
    • 2nd Dec 17, 4:04 PM
    Thanks for the replies
    • 2nd Dec 17, 4:04 PM
    Thanks everyone. I got a potential offer of $20-40 after posting it on pawnguru.com. I was shocked at how low the offer appeared to be, given the price I originally paid for it. The owner of the pawn shop insisted that he wanted me to bring it to the shop to inspect along with the stand, which is not worth the hassle. I guess I haven't kept up with technology and for a number of reasons, these TVs are now apparently worthless - even in perfect condition.
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 2nd Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 717 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 2nd Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    Thanks everyone. I got a potential offer of $20-40 after posting it on pawnguru.com. I was shocked at how low the offer appeared to be, given the price I originally paid for it. The owner of the pawn shop insisted that he wanted me to bring it to the shop to inspect along with the stand, which is not worth the hassle. I guess I haven't kept up with technology and for a number of reasons, these TVs are now apparently worthless - even in perfect condition.
    Originally posted by Clare123456
    What about trying Facebook on their marketplace section. Great place to buy and sell electrical stuff locally
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 2nd Dec 17, 9:44 PM
    • 30,399 Posts
    • 19,220 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Originally posted by Clare123456
    Maybe thats the best you can get, well maybe from the pawn shop, facebook marketplace a try.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin