Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maime7
    • By Maime7 2nd Dec 17, 7:52 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Maime7
    Accord Mortgages- warning
    • 2nd Dec 17, 7:52 AM
    Accord Mortgages- warning 2nd Dec 17 at 7:52 AM
    We have been going through a broker to remortgage with Accord, 8 weeks ago we started the process, we have complied with all requests and there have been many!! All their application forms, 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements, P60s, credit checks, Certified ID which costs us £10.50 per document, surveyor to our house for valuation, standard security, redemption figures from our current lender. Our remortgage should have complete on the 30th Nov, when I queried what was happening we were told Accord had decided to reject us. We have apparently been rejected on the grounds of affordability. How they can do this on these grounds after 8 weeks of going through their process, I am speechless and very angry, they have wasted our time and we are now weeks/months away from securing another deal elsewhere. Additional to this we reserved the Accord rate before the base of England rate rise, and are now dealing with a hike in rates.
    I donít think there is any help we can receive on this, I think all I can do is warn others. We have never been refused anything, credit or mortgage and our credit rating is good. I have complained to Accord and received no response as yet. If you are thinking of using Accord my advice would be donít, save yourself the stress.
Page 1
    • Maime7
    • By Maime7 2nd Dec 17, 7:52 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maime7
    I don’t know why I have a cheers pic in there, we’re anything but celebrating!!!
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 2nd Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    • 36,208 Posts
    • 153,068 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    What does your broker say?
    • ACG
    • By ACG 2nd Dec 17, 9:49 AM
    • 15,907 Posts
    • 8,149 Thanks
    ACG
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:49 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:49 AM
    I refuse to use Accord because every time I used them, they were a nightmare.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Maime7
    • By Maime7 2nd Dec 17, 10:12 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maime7
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:12 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:12 AM
    Wish I had never heard of them, did you use them for a mortgage ACG?

Our broker says she has been back and forth with them for days and she’s not getting anywhere. Before even telling us the bad news she made arrangements for us to now go through NatWest, she seems to think there won’t be a problem and it will be complete by Christmas, I’m less optimistic though after what we have just been though. Feel stuck though, first time we’ve used a broker, always done these things ourselves until now.
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 2nd Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    • 11,202 Posts
    • 15,655 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    Why did your broker choose Accord in the first place?
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 2nd Dec 17, 10:25 AM
    • 10,071 Posts
    • 3,926 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:25 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:25 AM
    None of us know the detail of the case so any comment on it has no validity.

What is worth noting is that occasionally cases do fall through the cracks with any Lender and become a problem.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Maime7
    • By Maime7 2nd Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maime7
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    Best rate they could get, I at the beginning queried using them as I’d read online they can be very demanding but I was assured we didn’t have anything to worry about. Fool that I am.
    • Maime7
    • By Maime7 2nd Dec 17, 10:38 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maime7
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:38 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:38 AM
    We never had any problem with previous mortgages with RBS or TSB, we’re only 65% LTV, if its a crack we’ve fallen through it’s a blinking big crack
    • ACG
    • By ACG 2nd Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    • 15,907 Posts
    • 8,149 Thanks
    ACG
    Wish I had never heard of them, did you use them for a mortgage ACG?

Our broker says she has been back and forth with them for days and sheís not getting anywhere. Before even telling us the bad news she made arrangements for us to now go through NatWest, she seems to think there wonít be a problem and it will be complete by Christmas, Iím less optimistic though after what we have just been though. Feel stuck though, first time weíve used a broker, always done these things ourselves until now.
    Originally posted by Maime7
    I used them for customers when I was first starting out as I never knew what they were like.

You will notice a massive difference between them and Natwest. It should be like day and night.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Maime7
    • By Maime7 2nd Dec 17, 10:48 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maime7
    Thank you ACG, you have rescued my optimism!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,426Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin