Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 1st Dec 17, 11:23 PM
    • 894Posts
    • 164Thanks
    ceewash
    Given up on Coronation Street?
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:23 PM
    Given up on Coronation Street? 1st Dec 17 at 11:23 PM
    Itís time to stop watching. Any one else had enough of headline grabbing plots. Those 2 in the back of the van? The acting just isnít up to the subject matter. I think Iíll try to go cold turkey next week. Anyone joining me?
Page 1
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 2nd Dec 17, 6:34 AM
    • 31,210 Posts
    • 115,062 Thanks
    Pyxis
    • 2nd Dec 17, 6:34 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 6:34 AM
    I gave up on it several years ago, for the same reason, having watched it since it first started (as a child!)

Most of the humour had gone, and it was one major disaster after another. The original conception of it being a gritty reflection of everyday northern life had long gone.

No-one was allowed to stay happily married, and characters kept getting killed off in more and more dramatic ways.

In the past, if someone left the series, they were replaced with another actor. Yes, it took a bit of getting used to, but you did get used to it. There was no need for them suddenly having a complete change of character and doing something dastardly, or being blown up, or similar.

Plus story-lines, over the years, seem to get repeated, so it all got tedious, and I'm sorry to say, boring.

(I had given up on Eastenders even earlier, for the same reason, and Holby City, and Casualty, and The Bill. It seems that all long-running series turn into soaps with ever more over-the-top dramatic scenarios. Yawn).
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • hunters
    • By hunters 2nd Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    • 726 Posts
    • 2,038 Thanks
    hunters
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    Have to agree about giving up on it, I don’t know who is who anymore and all this killing folk by Phelan and apparently getting away with it?
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 2nd Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 2,476 Posts
    • 9,778 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    I love cold turkey but I have never seen corrie does that mean that I can't get the turkey?
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3264.1
    This week 74.6
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 2nd Dec 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 3,061 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:58 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:58 PM
    I gave up, as a protest when they closed the Snug down, and Ena; Martha, and Winnie didn't have anywhere to sit.
    I only watch exciting things now, like Emmerdale Farm.
    • Li0nhead
    • By Li0nhead 2nd Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    • 14,490 Posts
    • 31,541 Thanks
    Li0nhead
    • 2nd Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    Thanks to recording tv i don't have to watch that rubbish anymore.

Get yourselves a freeview or Freesat humax recorder(assuming you don't have the paid services)
    Hi there! Weíve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,266Posts Today

7,372Users online

Martin's Twitter