Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 1st Dec 17, 11:05 PM
    • 3,562Posts
    • 18,974Thanks
    Misslayed
    Advent stats
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:05 PM
    Advent stats 1st Dec 17 at 11:05 PM
    Because of Sleepyjones’ (genius) idea of using A: instead of E: in Advent comp titles, I’ve realised there are 431 advents so far this year, not including any listed with E:
    It seems as if there are lots more than last year, does anyone have any actual stats? Maybe more TW and FB? Just curious after a long day’s comping!
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Page 1
    • toniq
    • By toniq 2nd Dec 17, 5:28 AM
    • 28,267 Posts
    • 609,383 Thanks
    toniq
    • 2nd Dec 17, 5:28 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 5:28 AM
    We had 830 odd on last count last year, Next nearest comp site had 700 odd.
    x

You can see by last post we had over 900 posts in that thread last year take away approx 50 posts for my updating and stating where everything was added to , so yep the next few days will throw on at least another few hundred. This is prob the calm before the storm as a Saturday has calmed comp land right down.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5549865&page=23
    Last edited by toniq; 02-12-2017 at 5:44 AM.
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 2nd Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 3,706 Posts
    • 291,730 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    It'll no doubt start to "kick off" again from around the 10th - 15th ... I seem to remember a lot of people starting their "12 days" around then. There seems to be a lack of Twitter Advents being posted, I'm pretty sure there should be a lot more Twitter advents than we have listed / posted.

I haven't really paid too much attention to entering the advents yet but, to me, it seems like there are some better prizes available this year ... could just be that more people are using the "Prizes over £100" thread so it just looks like there's more to a casual adventer like me ... not sure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

327Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter