Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieHaz
    • By JackieHaz 1st Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JackieHaz
    JackieHaz
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    JackieHaz 1st Dec 17 at 10:24 PM
    I had a real shock today, I got a Notice of intended court action for an unpaid parking charge for £149.99. The letter was from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, acting on behalf of their client Highview Parking Ltd. I was really shocked because I had not received a parking ticket, or a letter from Highview Parking Ltd. The letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd said they had sent me two previous letters, but I had not received them. The letter received today only had part of my address. I have contacted both parties to find out who I could appeal to, but each party said it was the end of the road and I had to pay the fine. The alleged transgression was said to have occurred on the 16th February 2016, at my workplace in a Hospital Car Park. For professional reasons I would not have ignored any ticket attached to my car. Can you suggest a way forward? Any suggestions greatly received, Jackie
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    • 15,934 Posts
    • 24,721 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    1. Have you changed address in the time period between the parking event and now?

2. Complain to PALS (Google it) at the hospital and ask them to intervene.

3. Complain to the BPA and the DVLA that you’ve received nothing from HV and you’re unable to access ADR (Google!) despite the CRA 2015 (Google!) providing you legally with access for up to 12 months.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

4. Ignore DRP - they are powerless, see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 1st Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    • 7,750 Posts
    • 8,018 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    1. Have you changed address in the time period between the parking event and now?

2. Complain to PALS (Google it) at the hospital and ask them to intervene.

3. Complain to the BPA and the DVLA that youíve received nothing from HV and youíre unable to access ADR (Google!) despite the CRA 2015 (Google!) providing you legally with access for up to 12 months.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

4. Ignore DRP - they are powerless, see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    The alleged transgression was said to have occurred on the 16th February 2016,

12 mths from incident , or 12 mths from letter from DRP?
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 1st Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    • 3,877 Posts
    • 5,464 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    Familirise yourself with the NHS parking principles, in particular with the secion on responsibility, should they try and fob you off about nothing to do with them
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Dec 17, 11:12 PM
    • 15,934 Posts
    • 24,721 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:12 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:12 PM
    The alleged transgression was said to have occurred on the 16th February 2016,

12 mths from incident , or 12 mths from letter from DRP?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Debatable. Press the button and see what jumps up!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 2nd Dec 17, 2:57 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:57 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:57 AM
    The cra doesn’t deal with adr. That’s the adr regulations 2015. It diesnt mandate access, just suggests it.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 15,934 Posts
    • 24,721 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    The cra doesnít deal with adr. Thatís the adr regulations 2015. It diesnt mandate access, just suggests it.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    Yep, my mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

The full title is:
    Alternative Dispute Regulation for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015.

• JackieHaz
    • By JackieHaz 2nd Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JackieHaz
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    Thank you all for coming back to me so quickly, to answer:-
    No I have not changed my address.
    The letter stated the offence happened on the 16th February 2016.
    I have asked for the evidence and I was told that they cannot give me the photograph.
    I worked as a nurse for 48 years, most of them at this NHS Trust, and they would have had my full address.
    I haven't been to PALS yet, but will do so and will google all the abbreviations .
    Once again thank you, I will come back to you with updates as the events unfold.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 2nd Dec 17, 8:31 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 3,211 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:31 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:31 AM
    I haven't been to PALS yet
    PALS is Patient and Liaison Services and won't be appropriate for staff. You would need Estates and Management Department as they are the most likely people to have hired the parking contractor.

If your Trust is PFI, it will be the Contracts Manager at the PFI vehicle.

You don't actually need to do anything about a "debt" letter as it is all nonsense designed to make you so worried you pay up.

Is this Warrington and Halton where Highview were found to be ripping off drivers who were never on the site in the first place.
    Last edited by IamEmanresu; 02-12-2017 at 8:34 AM.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • JackieHaz
    • By JackieHaz 2nd Dec 17, 8:32 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JackieHaz
    I was working in the Trust until March 2017, so it is amazing that I was not contact via my work contacts.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 2nd Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    • 3,240 Posts
    • 3,539 Thanks
    Johno100
    I was working in the Trust until March 2017, so it is amazing that I was not contact via my work contacts.
    Originally posted by JackieHaz
    The parking company have to get the information from the DVLA by reference to your registration number not via your employer. Depending on the nature of the transgression and how it was detected they may not even have been aware until you contacted them that you were an employee there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,225Posts Today

6,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin