Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Georgie54
    • By Georgie54 1st Dec 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Georgie54
    Ripped off
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:23 PM
    Ripped off 1st Dec 17 at 10:23 PM
    I dumbly answered the phone to a company today I think they were called money group trading as, (123-refund ltd) in Swansea, Wales only found this out by googling their number. what they promised sounded amazing and I was talked into giving my card information over the phone (I know I canít believe I did this) to which a charge was put on to my credit card of over £500, by the time I knew what was going on it was too late. I tried to cancel to which they refused. Iíve spoken with my bank and they are investigating it, what more can I do, Any help would be muchly appecaited
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 89,907 Posts
    • 56,585 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    in Swansea, Wales
    It couldnt be anywhere else. The scams capital of the UK.

what they promised sounded amazing
    Tell us what they told you. Was it along the lines of advanced fee fraud?
    i.e. they promised someone had done something wrong and you could get some big pay off but to get it first you had to pay a small amount first? If you ever watched an episode of Hustle on BBC, you would know the format. Play to the greed and the mark will be blinded by their greed and pay a smaller amount.

I tried to cancel to which they refused.
    in which case they are breaking the law and you should refer them to action fraud. Distance marketing rules give you the right to cancel the contract. You should also report them to the claims management company regulator.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin