Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SunShineGarbo
    • By SunShineGarbo 1st Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SunShineGarbo
    Short Term savings
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    Short Term savings 1st Dec 17 at 8:38 PM
    I'm selling a house that I have been renting out, to buy an alternative property to rent out. Basically I will have the sale proceeds of around £150,000 to "save" until I buy another property in a different location. I'm seeking out the best type of bank or finance house to hold £150k for 3 to 12 months. Best interest and safe and secure as possible.
Page 1
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 1st Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    • 3,656 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    If there are two of you put it in an easy access savings account, perhaps Tesco. If there is just you then split it across two separate organisations to stay within the FSCS protection limit of £85,000. For simplicity you could look at one of the NS&I products
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,692Posts Today

8,338Users online

Martin's Twitter