Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • larzie30
    • By larzie30 1st Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 233Posts
    • 127Thanks
    larzie30
    Online order issue advice please
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    Online order issue advice please 1st Dec 17 at 8:33 PM
    Hi

I am not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this please accept my apologies if it isn't.

So here is a brief synopsis.

My parents tumble drier broke

Through my mum's company they get 5% discount from John Lewis but have to buy non-refundable gift vouchers.

My dad found a tumble drier online and it states in stock
    upon ordering its not in stock - nor is any other suitable tumble drier

what can they do? John Lewis is very unhelpful their website is out of date as my dad went through 2 or 3 tumble driers that said in stock and it turned out they were all out of stock, my dad ordered the non refundable vouchers in good faith because they goods were showing (and still are) as in stock.

What can we do as they are stuck without a tumble drier and have nothing they can spend the 200 on plus they don't have the money t spare, they had to get this out of their savings

I will be grateful for any advice :-) thank you
    Bankrupt 10.50hrs 27th August 2009. Big fan of this forum because people are so helpful.
Page 1
    • elsien
    • By elsien 1st Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 15,444 Posts
    • 38,795 Thanks
    elsien
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    What have customer services said? Will the tumble dryer be back in stock any time soon?
    Anyone they know planning to buy something from JL who would buy the vouchers off them?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • larzie30
    • By larzie30 1st Dec 17, 8:56 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    larzie30
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:56 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:56 PM
    thanks for your reply, they are not coming in stock any time soon. I don't currently know anyone who needs these vouchers. Thanks

Lara
    Bankrupt 10.50hrs 27th August 2009. Big fan of this forum because people are so helpful.
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 2nd Dec 17, 3:48 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 2nd Dec 17, 3:48 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 3:48 PM
    I'd get your dad to write to John Lewis's Head Office, explain the position and ask what John Lewis can suggest. It might be that they have a suitable tumble dryer in stock at one of their branches and could arrange for the vouchers to be used in payment for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter