Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • a&akay
    • By a&akay 1st Dec 17, 6:31 PM
    • 515Posts
    • 182Thanks
    a&akay
    Birmingham Midshires 1.45%
    • 1st Dec 17, 6:31 PM
    Birmingham Midshires 1.45% 1st Dec 17 at 6:31 PM
    Showing on their website. As I have a 1.3%, I've just applied for this online. It was set up instantly. Just need to transfer the savings across between the 2. Each is linked to a different feeder so bit of a faff. I'll keep each open to satisfy DDs.

BM did a site upgrade today. Both my 1.3% account and the 1.45% are now showing as 1.45% so I've gained an extra DD for the Tesco DD withdrawal. Faster payments have gone into the latter account within a few hours OK. These are from a 123 account, which I've just closed, where Martin's analysis shows it's not worth keeping if the 123 DD cashbacks don't make up for the £5 fee. I've kept the date of opening of the 2 for when the rate drops, unless other instant access savers are offered with a better % in the meantime.
    Last edited by a&akay; 03-12-2017 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Update
Page 3
    • Wilma33
    • By Wilma33 10th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 644 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    Wilma33
    I finally got set up for Birmingham Midshires online today (having applied about a month ago) and the online interface is terrible!
    • MarkFromCornwall
    • By MarkFromCornwall 10th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 698 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    MarkFromCornwall
    the online interface is terrible!
    Originally posted by Wilma33
    It's quick.
    Logging in and out are never delayed by an advert.
    It shows the interest rate on the first page.
    It's easy to print an interest certificate.
    You can easily close your account online.

What more do you want ... pictures of Birmingham?
    It's not my fault that nothing works: the bank suggested I install Trusteer Rapport.
    • hoc
    • By hoc 11th Jan 18, 1:16 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    hoc
    I agree the site works fine... when it works. I have found it unavailable too often after midnight due to maintenance.
    • SG27
    • By SG27 11th Jan 18, 6:14 AM
    • 1,952 Posts
    • 1,215 Thanks
    SG27
    I applied beginning of December. Recieved the welcome letter after a week but nothinf else. Its shockingly bad, I wont be going ahead with the account now. My nationwide accounts and regular saver mature next week so need somewhere to put it.

Since the rate was pulled so quick I cant help thinking its an intentional strategy to cut back applicants after it got over subscribed
    Mortgage Debt: £93,537.48/£105,025 Feb 13
    Overpayments so far: £3,939.72
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 11th Jan 18, 8:41 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    18cc
    Just checked my nationwide flex account I have made several FP in the last week to BM and the sort code hasnt changed it still ends with 78.
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 11th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    youngretired
    My Halifax did change to the 209786 but took 2 days to happen.
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 12th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 1,329 Thanks
    Speculator
    Open one of these accounts (1.3%) for my wife on 7th Nov and completely forgot about it. Only remembered when she checked her Direct Debits on her Club Lloyds current account and noticed a Direct Debit from BM that's never been paid.

Anyway, checked the pile of junk mail waiting to be shredded and found the letter from BM requesting a cheque from her linked account.

Sent the cheque off last Thursday, 2 months late. Hope they can still open the account for her!
    Originally posted by Speculator
    They've opened it even though she's two months late in sending the cheque! Also, she will be getting 1.45% and not the 1.3% when she applied in early November.

Cheque was sent 4/1 and she received her username & welcome letter today 12/1
    Last edited by Speculator; 12-01-2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

2,210Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin