Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • molerat
    • By molerat 1st Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 17,469Posts
    • 11,696Thanks
    molerat
    Are Argos Guilty Of Bait & Switch Tactics ?
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    Are Argos Guilty Of Bait & Switch Tactics ? 1st Dec 17 at 5:32 PM
    Had an e-mail today advertising up to 50% off toys with a link to the sale items. A few things interested me so I looked further. There were some similarly themed and rrp toys advertised, one as lowest price ever, another with 25% off and another with a small amount off. The 2 best value were not available for pick up, deliver to store or home delivery. The other one was widely available for collection and delivery.

It is not as if the on line sale sheet is printed, it can be changed at a moments notice so are they employing those tactics - get you drawn in then take the only, likely more profitable, one they have to offer ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Page 1
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 1st Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 861 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    No.

HTH
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 1st Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 1,826 Posts
    • 3,806 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 1st Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    The best value items do sell very quickly, you only need to look at HUKD to see how great the demand is. If something isn't available I look at other areas and get a friend to pick one up for me.
    • sillygoose
    • By sillygoose 2nd Dec 17, 9:30 AM
    • 4,111 Posts
    • 4,641 Thanks
    sillygoose
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:30 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:30 AM
    They do lie though. I bought a small TV on Friday and at the checkout before paying the assistant tried to up-sell and even claimed the cheap one I wanted didn't have Freeview.

Without at least a Freeview receiver, its not a TV! - certainly not in the UK since analogue was turned off years ago.

Then tried to sell extended warranty at over 33% of the cost price.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 2nd Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    • 5,938 Posts
    • 2,469 Thanks
    roddydogs
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    They do leave stuff on their website for ages after its sold out & no longer available, ie special offer stuff.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,835Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter