Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Johnny Hach
    • By Johnny Hach 1st Dec 17, 5:09 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Johnny Hach
    UK bank account.
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:09 PM
    UK bank account. 1st Dec 17 at 5:09 PM
    I am a UK citizen that has been a Falkland Island resident for 40 years. Anybody know a UK bank that I can open an account with. Can then start saving.
Page 1
    • 85 East
    • By 85 East 1st Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    85 East
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    You could try the HSBC basic account-
    https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-accounts/basic-bank-account

From their website you have to print off the application form and post it back rather than applying online as I guess the Falklands are classed as outside the UK.
    From HSBC- 'Are you an EU resident living outside the UK?
    Please print and complete the application form and send it back to HSBC Bank plc, PO BOX 1888, Coventry, CV3 2BR, United Kingdom.'
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 1st Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 5,911 Posts
    • 5,888 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    You could try the HSBC basic account-
    https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-accounts/basic-bank-account

From their website you have to print off the application form and post it back rather than applying online as I guess the Falklands are classed as outside the UK.
    From HSBC- 'Are you an EU resident living outside the UK?
    Please print and complete the application form and send it back to HSBC Bank plc, PO BOX 1888, Coventry, CV3 2BR, United Kingdom.'
    Originally posted by 85 East
    The Falklands are indeed outside the UK but are also outside the EU by some distance, so claiming residence in the EU while living there wouldn't be appropriate....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,756Posts Today

8,310Users online

Martin's Twitter